Anyone near Marchwood in Southampton?

tdirob

Not really sure where to post this as it is more a plea for help than anything...:o

If anyone lives in the Marchwood area, would you be willing to collect a parcel (wrapped anti roll bar) from someone and make it available for a courier to collect it.

Basically I bought an ARB from ebay two weeks ago and had to pay the guy by cheque. I arranged a courier to collect it last week however so far it hasn't been collected (apparently they've tried 3 times). I've been in contact with the guy I bought it from pretty much everyday and he keeps saying the courier didn't turn up but I'm not sure who to believe anymore.:(

If anyone can help, I'd be eternally grateful and I'd obviously send some beer money your way to cover any costs and as a way of saying thanks for your help and the inconvenience.

Rob:O

He seemed genuine enough during our conversations and in emails. I just think he is going out and missing the couriers.

I have his full name, address, and telephone numbers so I don't think it's a scam

Possibly and hopefully, but I've seen this type of thing a lot recently, a lad paid for a Playstation before xmas for his kid, the woman selling didn't send it, cashed his money and disappeared on him, anyway I hope you get it resolved but it shouldn't be a problem if he's genuine for him to wrap and send.

You got a road name?

Evergreen Close

Good Idea. I hadn't thought about getting him to drop it off. I'll ring him again later and see if he will. I just want my ARB now, I was hoping to fit it this weekend while I was crawling about underneath the car doing one or two other jobs:thumbdwn:

Yeah don't think I'll drive into there if that's ok.

He will be able to get it to the local postage depot though as there is a TNT in nursling industrial estate, ,not too far from him (15 minute drive IIRC)

Is it really that bad? Maybe that is why the courier won't collect!:o