Heavy smoker

Duggie

Hey folks, Havn't posted in a while but once again i've noticed something on the Fabia that's forced me to voice concern!

He's smoking a hell of a lot, even when he's warmed up, it's just white smoke so i hope it's just condensation? Any thoughts would be a great help! The oil light also occationally comes on very briefly, beeps then goes out, he had an oil change in october and i've done about 6,000 miles since then.

Just looking for your thoughts really guys, should I be worrying or get him checked out?

-Duggie.

hi duggie, have you had a look under the filler cap? If there is a slight creamyness or "mayo" it may have an issue with the head gasket with water getting into the engine. You should also check the oil level just in case its not just a dodgy oil sensor. Where in ox are you as i know burford, witney carterton areas pretty well....

It'll have to be Sunday Lummox, The pub wants me on saturday... what time is good for you? i take it you can take a look at this too, an oil change might sort it anyway! I'll check the filler cap too for mayo.

-Duggie.

Hi Duggie,

These 1.4mpi's are a bit prone to head gasket problems (I should know, it's the reason I sold mine for a diesel :rofl:) so definitely good idea to check it out.

Symptoms seem to vary though...mine didn't smoke, overheat or mix oil and coolant or anything like that...it just drank coolant and chucked it straight back out the other end! :eek: Fun stuff.

If it does happen to be a head gasket, don't panic...the bits are pretty cheap, and if you're reasonably mechanically minded or have a mechanic friend who'll do it for beer tokens (aside from getting the head professionally skimmed), overall it shouldn't sting you too bad :thumbup:

Can't go wrong listening to Lummox though :)