does anyone know anything about Felicia Power Windows ?

my front windows are power windows and they don't work, i saw that the previous mechanic put two relays on eatch side to operate the motors, now, i looked at the switchs in the center of the two seats and i notice the have a lot of prongs for the cable so i'm thinking that the relays are not needed, that the switch themself, a mechanic that used to work with the dealer told me that this is a common mod since the windows "boards" go belly up often...

now, i realy don't think that the power windows use board.. that dont have automatic anything or go up with the locks or anything special like that... a'm i wrong in thinking that it doesnt used board... am i right in thinking that the switch "switch" positive an negative to work the motors?

can anyone supply me the wiring map? i bet i can fix that in a hour if i had the wire routes

My first thought about failed power windows on a car the age of yours is broken feed cables where they pass from A-post into the door.

the relays are damage, thats why they dont work, now i'm asking because there is an obvious modification by the previous mechanic whom was the one that install the relays, and i would like to run it stock, again, i asked a diferent mechanic and he said is was a mod people did oftern cus the board of the power windows gets damage, now, on a octavia, or a faiva i can understand, but a feli? i realy don't think that there is a board.... so the relays are realy just a nuisance

what do you mean when you say board??

well, that's what the mechanic said, but to give you a point of reference, lots of car have a system that operates the windows up and down automaticaly (so you don have to keep your finger on the switch) or partial (by keeping the switch press for a couple of secconds) and also to raise the windows when the alarm comes on, or for example on the fabia when you leave the door lock key "locking"

but again, felicia dont do that (as far as i know) they just go up and down so no board or special system, just a switch and some cables, (as far as i know)

so (if they realy dont use "boards or any special application system") i can get the cables, any color i need it to be and i have the switch in good condition so all i need is the wiring color code or wiring blueprint to conect them back in "stock"

ok in the fabia it's called the central convienience system.. i must admit i've never seen a felicia with electric windows before, does the L & K model have electric windows in uk spec?? i dont have a wiring diagram for electric windows either.

the central locking certainly does have an ecu (board) that controls it all and so does the airbags, but i dont know about the windows

All a basic 2 window raise/lower system (no one-touch, no anti-strangle load sensor) needs are 2 off 3 position "hold to make" rocker switches, relays to take the power load off the switch contacts, 2 feed wires and an earth for each side.

All a basic 2 window raise/lower system (no one-touch, no anti-strangle load sensor) needs are 2 off 3 position "hold to make" rocker switches, relays to take the power load off the switch contacts, 2 feed wires and an earth for each side.

they need relays ???? funny, the 2 position interuptor used to operate the windows "switch" positive and negative between cables i'll map them and hopefully get a picture before doing anything to submit and get you guys consensus

Yes Tom the L&K does have them as standard but i've no wiring diagram for them but they must use relays because the wiring out of the switch does not look heavy duty enough.

I remember S1 xj6 jags had eleccy windows without relays and used to alter the polarity inside the switch but if you looked at the wiring behind the panel it put the back of my home hifi seperate units to shame talk about speghetti junction and the thickness of the wiring put the national power grid to shame:D:D:D stay with relays Cepheuz its much safer:thumbup:

Yes Tom the L&K does have them as standard but i've no wiring diagram for them but they must use relays because the wiring out of the switch does not look heavy duty enough.

I remember S1 xj6 jags had eleccy windows without relays and used to alter the polarity inside the switch but if you looked at the wiring behind the panel it put the back of my home hifi seperate units to shame talk about speghetti junction and the thickness of the wiring put the national power grid to shame:D:D:D stay with relays Cepheuz its much safer:thumbup:

got it, relays it is, so i have to buy 4 and redo the wiring for the swtichs since the cable dont look very trust worthy

got it, relays it is, so i have to buy 4 and redo the wiring for the swtichs since the cable dont look very trust worthy

Not necessarily; you can get 3 position (off, and made on either of 2 power circuits) relays.

Not necessarily; you can get 3 position (off, and made on either of 2 power circuits) relays.

not so common arround, and a little more expensive that buying two of the simple ones (but it would make for a more decent install)

i'll poke arround see if i can find some decent relays and a decent harness