PD130/150 clutch

My mate has a 150bhp Bora, which has a remap to 207bhp. His clutch doesnt slip at all

A Fabia vrs clutch will only take 170-180ish without slipping...

I had a chance to have a look through the TPS book as i did think about getting a PD150 clutch, but the part numbers for a 130 and a 150 are identical.

So why can a golf/bora take 200bhp, but a fabia can only get 170 on the same clutch?

And is there any way to get the standard clutch modified to take over 180hp? £600 for an uprated clutch is a joke TBH, considering a standard clutch is only £100 + VAT...

Sorry for the moan :o

Problem is there are a lot of things that need to be changed to take the power, and as a result it just gets expensive.. Add the labour to change it, and you can see why it is so expensive.

It is not the same clutch between the Bora and the Fabia I think either, but not 100% sure :)

Problem is there are a lot of things that need to be changed to take the power, and as a result it just gets expensive.. Add the labour to change it, and you can see why it is so expensive.

It is not the same clutch between the Bora and the Fabia I think either, but not 100% sure :)

Labour isnt a problem ;)

Just the 'overpriced' uprated parts that are the problem :o

i'm sure the PD150 will have the bigger flywheel with stronger clutch cover , although its the same clutch diameter as the Fabia one , 240mm

Same part number for the clutch kits... Never thought to think of the flywheels though...

Labour isnt a problem ;)

Just the 'overpriced' uprated parts that are the problem :o

why are they overpriced?

if they are uncommon and good quality then they will cost more, think how many stanadard PD130's exist, millions and millions of them so obviously the standard clutches are going to be cheaper.