The winter hasn't been kind...

Kablam

... to my fabia. I have come out of it with a disturbingly stiff lock, a blower fan that buzzes very loud for the first minute or two of being on, and a heater control that is either HOT HOT HOT, or COLD!

any suggestions at fixes would be grand.

Cheers

Blam

For the heater I might be able to help.

When mine did this I found there is a little grill/vent thing on the right of the AC/ReC buttons. If you pull off the panel surrounding the heater controls then you can get to the contents of the vent which is a temperature sensor. My one was clogged with dust, and like yours only blew out on extreme or the other. After cleaning it genetly of the dust I put it back together and now it works properly.

When putting it back together I found it helped if you bent the tray under the HU slightly as it let it clip back together more easily.