Hazard Light - Indicator Problem

colin5374

Hi All,

I have just started having problems with my hazard warning light/indicators and it is as follows

When i turn the car electrics on there is a clicking noise (very quick) coming from the hazard warning light relay. It sounds as if something is arc'ing. This will stop after a while but then happens again intermittently either with no help from me or just after i use the indicators.

I have bought a new relay off ebay and fitted it last night but am still getting the same problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Shaun

Hi Saun

Was it the Hazzard relay that you got?

Also there is a couple to chose from you see , and could do with the uprated one

If that is OK and all fitted , then could be down to the indicator stalk itself , but the hazzard switch is the most common failure and easiest to fix

Sarah

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for the speedy reply ;o)

I just bought exactly the same model that i took out. If i have the relay in pieces and turn it on i can see it making contact intermittently when there's no indicator or hazard switch activated it just goes by itself with the electrics on and it only happens occassionaly.

Any ideas? Have i bought a duff one off ebay?

Shaun

Thanks, Cheezemonkhai and Sarah,

Looks like a trip to he local dealership to see if they have one, thought i'd save some money by getting one off ebay but it looks like it may work out a tad more expensive. Oh well ;o(

Yeah it's a Mk 1 octy

Thanks again,

Shaun

In my experience when the hazard switch (indicator relay) goes wrong the indicators are on all the time (not flashing) or do not work at all. The symptoms described will be caused by the indicator stalk switch. You may be able to reproduce the fast clicking by slightly moving the stalk. It is the stalk that tells the flasher unit to work and it will not click until the stalk is operated.

The standard hazard switch part number ends in B300, the uprated or towing one ends in E300.