how exactly do i get in to an electric window switch?

Just bought a 51 plate fabia and im at the stage of sorting out the niggles.. and so far i've used the search to sort them all (had 3 breaks in the rear window washers for instance.. yes... 3!!! what a reconnecting job that was) anyways...

found plenty of things on the search about window problems, but none really explained what i need:confused:

on the passenger side door, the electric window switch seems to be jammed for the up position....(can be fully controlled from the drivers side) however.. when its pressed in the down direction, it will put the window up if its down...

now as i say, it does feel as if its jammed rather than just being reversed or whatever.. as it only moves about 1mm in the up direction...

basically im wondering whats the easiest way to get in to the switch without causing damage to the door trim..

i just feel if i start looking for the clips with a screwdriver, i could do more damage than worth, at least if i know where they are, i wont cause much cosmetic damage if any at all

cheers!:D

Careful not to yank it... the last clip is on the trim side of the door, not the cabin.. best way is to pop the front clips (as described above) that you can get to and then, with a long flat blade screwdriver and little torch.. poke the larger clip at the back into/towards the door and it'll all pop off!

if you don't do this and just yank them out you can wreck the clip and it'll never sit back down properly again.

The last owner of my car did this.. luckily, the trim piece is less than £2!

thanks guys!! managed to get the panel off no bother at all... the switch itself had a blockage as i thought (part of the switch came off and lodged itself in one side.. i removed it, however all was not well.. the switch didnt work...

rather than just chucking it out, i opened it up to see if a DIY job could be done... the electrical contacts on the circuit board were absolutely caked in a green mould... so i cleaned it off with white spirit, put it all back together, and hey presto!

thanks again!