Isofix booster seat

Hello all,

My boy is coming up to 4 years old so we're looking to move him into a booster seat. However, there don't seem to be many isofix models out there. We have previously gone with Britax, but their booster seat seem to have a pretty narrow gap between the sides of the headrest that looked like to get be uncomfortable?

Any advice appreciated!

Cheers,

Balham

the last copy of which? we got had a thing about car seats in there - think the Britax booster (with the isofix mounts) came out with pretty good marks. We used their offer of signing up for 1month for £1 and then just cancelled - we got our monies worth as we ended up buying a new seat for our sprog using their reports, a new dishwasher and a fridge freezer (all based on their ratings), as well as downloading the octavia review by them.

One last thing was, we bought our seat from mothercare via a referall from quidco - think we got about 10% cashback on the order - so bout £20 in all

We got the Britax Evolva 2-3 isofit for my daughter but as we need 2 seats for 2 cars we are in the process of buying another seat to replace the Britax Duo Isofix in my car.

We have chose Britax again as they usually come out the best for crash safety and they are easy to use and my wee one likes sitting in them.

Britax have recently replaced the Evolva 2-3 with the Kidfix so we have ordered that. There seems to be either a high demand or just low stock levels at the moment so we've been waiting a few weeks for delivery.

The isofix works differently for this stage of seat. The car's seat belt hold the child and all the isofix does is stops the seat from moving which is great when the child isn't in the seat.

It also means that in an impact the seat belt only needs to stop your child moving as the seat is held by the fixings.

HTH.

We got the Britax Evolva 2-3 isofit for my daughter but as we need 2 seats for 2 cars we are in the process of buying another seat to replace the Britax Duo Isofix in my car.

We have chose Britax again as they usually come out the best for crash safety and they are easy to use and my wee one likes sitting in them.

Britax have recently replaced the Evolva 2-3 with the Kidfix so we have ordered that. There seems to be either a high demand or just low stock levels at the moment so we've been waiting a few weeks for delivery.

The isofix works differently for this stage of seat. The car's seat belt hold the child and all the isofix does is stops the seat from moving which is great when the child isn't in the seat.

It also means that in an impact the seat belt only needs to stop your child moving as the seat is held by the fixings.

HTH.

bigal rallyred,

The Britax Kidfix looks just like the one I've seen in Mothercare already, but the head support seemed a little restrictive as it's quite close fitting and means the little 'un finds it difficult to turn his head to the side? Maybe I should have another look as apart from the head restraint it looks spot on to me.

Cheers,

Balham

We have a Jane Indy plus that has ISOFIX on the booster part.

Its a 2 part seat, with a base and seat back. Depending on size/Age of child the seat back can be removed to leave a booster. We have had it about a year and a half now and no complaints.

Steve