Which tyres...

Wobs

Depends what you want from it really.

The falken will be truely useless off tarmac and on snow. I don't know about the khumo.

I'd suggest you do a bit more research on tyres looking at the treadwear ratings as while some tyres are £55 per corner they also don't last half as long as those that are £75 a corner.

There is a quatrac vs nokian thread running in the octy II section detailing two all season tyres if you're after something like that.

I had Kumho KH-11s on mine a while ago and they were quite reasonable the 50 quid a or so a corner I got them for. They were quieter than the factory bridgestones. I'm on my second set of Michelin Primacy HPs now. Think they cost about 75 a corner. Wouldn't bother using else now, the Michelins are great - they seem to have a bit more lateral grip than the Kumhos and my economy is just ridiculously good.

Third votesys on the Vredesteins (although I am a SporTrac 3 fan myself and I pay £48 a corner for 195/65/r15s)

I have to correct my earlier post as I have realised that the Verdestein Ultrac (Sessantas) are only available in larger/lower profile sizes i.e.17/18" rims and 45/40 profile.

For a 195/65 15, 205/60 15 or 205/55 16 you'll be wanting the Verdestein SporTrac 3 :D:thumbup: They are good on grip wet & dry, reasonable on mileage and mid priced.

Michelins are expensive, last for ages and pretty good for grip etc. Buying a budget tyre will be cheap but will likely compromise you on grip and mileage.

Pays your money/takes your choice. ;)

I have to correct my earlier post as I have realised that the Verdestein Ultrac (Sessantas) are only available in larger/lower profile sizes i.e.17/18" rims and 45/40 profile.

For a 195/65 15, 205/60 15 or 205/55 16 you'll be wanting the Verdestein SporTrac 3 :D:thumbup: They are good on grip wet & dry, reasonable on mileage and mid priced.

Michelins are expensive, last for ages and pretty good for grip etc. Buying a budget tyre will be cheap but will likely compromise you on grip and mileage.

Pays your money/takes your choice. ;)

I'd never go back to Michelins after using these Vredesteins (Ok maybe PS2s) as they are far superior in everyway. Wet grip is just amazing and clears the water with consumate ease. Yes the trade off is a slight increase in noise when pushing on (due to the tread) but the security of them is better.

They were quite reasonable in the recent snow as well.

Best tyres I have ever used; I have them on my tolly, SWMBOs Furby vRS and my father on his 9-5 2.3T.

Michelins are the best in my opinion. expensive but the BEST...

choosing tyres pretty much depends on your driving style, where you drive and what you want out of the tyres...

personally i always pay a fortune when changing tyres...