Fabia vRS EBC Redstuff Pads - Any probelms???

dcackers

Hello Guys and Gals,

Just wondered if anyone has the EBC Redstuff pads on their vRS at all?

I'm due an upgrade but don't really fancy anything too expensive.

I've been quoted £112.64 for front and rear pads with next day delivery.

Can anyone give me any feedback of they have these installed onto their Fabia vRS please?

Regards,

Dan

Yep. I would rather nail my tounge to a train than fit them again.

This is a set after 300 road miles and 5 laps of Castle Coomb

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=26638&g2_serialNumber=1&g2_GALLERYSID=c5b5c0d1894d418af7d0ed066c04aafb

At this point I might as well have had solid steel pads fitted they were that useless. (And before anyone says the backing plates are black not red, they were redstuff, they were genuine, they were just dirty)

You spend that money, you will just feel conned you spent it because you will either not notice the difference or they will just disintegrate. Do a search and you will find a vast amount of opinion about EBC red and green, some good some bad (Actually the opinions about green will all be bad).

You don't need to "upgrade" the rear pads as they do very little anyhow so I would just stick with maybe some Mintex 1144's on the front and change your fluid to 5.1/super 4 and probably save yourself some cash and heartache

I have only used Mintex Extremes which i found brilliant but as they seem no longer available the current thought is that the 1144's are just as good if a little pricier.

Have a search on the pagid pads

For the Mintex you might want to look at Motorsport World - Performance Car Parts (I would call them about VRS pads) or try any of the site sponsors

I've run EBC redstuff ceramic V3 on an Octy II running 312mm brakes for over 30k miles now and no hints of problems on a recent inspection.

They are running on OEM discs and have done a good amount of road driving, fast road driving (a/bhans), a handling day and a few laps around a certain de restricted toll road.

I'd really not have any problems recommending them.