30mm springs on a 4x4

suze

Hi Suze I had the same issues budget etc. but I ended going for AP coilovers same people as Weitec just more budget range but are good quality and I would say from reading other reviews better than spax or pi. It cost me about £605 inc vat to have fitted and checked so if your budget can stretch to that I would recommend.

I got a good price from AMD for AP Coilovers fitted a few months ago but circumstances have changed since then unfortunately.

Have you had to change top mounts? bushes? How long have you had them fitted?

Can I see a pic of yours to get an idea of height?

hi,

if you are just changing springs, i would look at h&r, they seemed to be the best when i did my research, only prob is if you just do the springs and not the shocks the ride is a little crashy as the shocks are not sport shocks. Herin lies the problem as its really hard to find sport shocks for the 4x4 mk1, and i didnt want to fit golf shocks (which is what some people have done) as they are not correctly weighted.

I would suggest going for coilovers, if you can afford it kw v3s then everything is match, if not then weitecs or as said before ap which for the money look good!

Another thing if you havent done it already which will transform the car is arbs, you NEED to do this in a 4x4, i fitted r32 stuff which was about 150ish and you can get from the dealer, however you can fit thicker stuff like my friend has on his 4x4 which is h&r kit which is awesome but costs about 380 for the kit alone!

its really hard to find sport shocks for the 4x4 mk1, and i didnt want to fit golf shocks (which is what some people have done) as they are not correctly weighted.

Another thing if you havent done it already which will transform the car is arbs, you NEED to do this in a 4x4, i fitted r32 stuff which was about 150ish

Replaced my shocks with Golf 4motion ESTATE sport shocks from the dealer and the arbs have been done as well.