Let this be a lesson to those who jaywalk in front of me

Euro NCap results for a 2003 Superb states that overall it got 4/5 stars, pretty good overall. However, the car failed miserably on pedestrian safety. In fact Euro NCap listed it's predestrian results as "abysmal".

SO, chavvy emo gender-confused jobless soap-dodging students, next time you deliberately saunter when crossing the road think back to this post.

Full review here - with video Euro NCAP - For safer cars | Skoda Superb

Edited by allclownsareevi

Ha ha, yeah, I found that when I was looking to buy my Superb.

That said though, would you trust that huge plastic bumper not to take a massive amount of damage if you so much as even touched someone's handbag?

Or, say, topically, a bollard? ;)

Or, say, topically, a bollard? ;)

You know I watched the "post side impact" test video and I too thought about the "gutted!" bollard post. Just didn't want to embelish my thread with the misery of a fellow Superb owner. :P

I figured the EuroNCap thing was worth a look if only to watch your model of car getting slammed from several angles.

I get this all night every night, and the look of disgust that comes from them because I dared to use the road they wanna show their hardness on.

As for the car, it's effectively a 14 yr old design so safety rating is gonna be well under current cars.

I get this all night every night, and the look of disgust that comes from them because I dared to use the road they wanna show their hardness on.

Well let's not be too quick to judge here, I think we need a measure of fairness. If they walk on our road I reckon next time you see them we drive on their footpath? :thumbup:

If they walk on our road I reckon next time you see them we drive on their footpath? :thumbup:

Here, here!

Yes, the crash videos are not for the feint hearted by the way. Since watching those I've invested in some leg protection for when I crash into things.

I've been known to pull my handbrake on hard to lock up the rear wheels on my previous car (haven't tried it on my Octy yet) - the squealing sound of skidding tyres seems to wake up some of the sauntering pedestrians a bit, even when they are trying to look "cool" ;)

i had a bus reverse into me did no damage to car what so ever (massive skoda shared hole in back of bus) i also hit a pedestrian who ran out in front of me out of night club he went flying police picked him up asked if he was ok asked me if i was ok then arrested him on section 5 public order. ha ha makes me sound a bit accident prone.

Ok this is going to sound very bad but I once ran someone over quite on purpose.

I was justified though I swear. Only hit him at around 5-10mph though ... and he deserved it.

Did the Police also arrest him for leaving the scene of an accident.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

High time they did ---might stop a lot of car less chavs pedestrianing without brains ( now ,there's a newoffencefor Brown to consider ,add cameras to take pics and PCSO's to take to cashpoint -hey -new source of tax income )

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

High time they did ---might stop a lot of car less chavs pedestrianing without brains ( now ,there's a newoffencefor Brown to consider ,add cameras to take pics and PCSO's to take to cashpoint -hey -new source of tax income )

Don't give him any ideas - please!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluefox viewpost.gif

I still have the bruises as well.

Nice one Bluefox.:thumbup:

Ooooh don't start giving him sympathy, I offered to kiss it better at the time but he just gave me a weird look.