hole in pipe

While cleaning the throttle body on my fabia 1.4 8v mpi I noticed a small hole in the pipe circled yellow on the attched pic rougly indicated by the arrow. Does anyone know what this pipe is called, what is it for, what goes though it? Is there a part number.

By the way, by cleaning the throttle body in situ, which was a simple 15 min process, the car is driving a lot better, no longer suffers from poor idling at traffic lights etc and doesn't cut out shortly after staring in the mornings. I used carb cleaner. The TB was stinking !!

regards

tonnoir.

27565.attach

attached pics taken before cleaning.

You'll see the residue around the inner TB and on the edges of the butterfly flap.

The third pic shows the black slug like plastic cover which was removed to reveal the TB. This is done by loosening 3 hex screws and lifting upwards. Be careful not to disconnect the TB electrics.

hope is of help

tonnoir.

27623.attach

27624.attach

27625.attach