17705 at Idle

karlbar2k

Hello,

I have a very similar problem on my Audi A3 1.8t AUM -01 and I think the 17705 is because of the remap. Mine keeps throwing the 17705 as long as the engine is cold and runs on idle. If I keep it in idle for too long it will go into limp mode.

There are two other threads where the problem was solved this problem by changing their software:

17705 the Saga is over (well for me anyway!!!) - uk-mkivs

OVD - Ottawa Vdubbing - View topic - 1.8T 17705 error.. not fixed

I also had the 17705 before my remap, but it didn't come on cold idle, and since I fixed some leaks and repaired the PCV it only shows up on idle during startup. I will try to revert to original map in a few weeks to see if the problem disappears.

Which engine code do you have? Is it an 150bhp engine with VVT (AUM/AWW)? I believe the remap not taking VVT in consideration may be the problem.

Best regards,

Anders

Göteborg, Sweden