Thread wire behind dash?

NFox

Just a quicky! Is there any easy way to thread a wire behind the dash and then have it pass up to behind the center consol? Haven't actually been out to look at it yet but will be going out in a bit and wondered if theres any easy way and what to look for?!

Thanks again

Nick

I would be very careful when threading a wire coat hanger behind the dashboard , in case you cause a short circuit. I would detach the -ve (ground ) battery lead first. I know this can cause problems with the radio etc,but thats got than better than burning out part of the wiring loom!.

I did this only yesterday!

Prise out one of the switch blanks. Take the glove box out. Attach string to "stick". Push stick into the switch blank whole and, if you aim just right you'll be able to grab the string between the metal centre console support and the hot air duct heading towards the passenger footwell. Then detach string and remove stick. Attach cable to string and pull string back through and this will bring the cable out through the hole where the switch blank was. You can then dremel the corner off the switch blank if you want a neat finish.

Assuming this is where you want the cable to come out, of course.