Other Bluefox's 2001 Audi A2 TDI SE

Bluefox

Great write up mate and I hope this all works out for you and we can get that paintwork sorted as I reckon this is going to scrub up well.............:D

Yeah, I'll let you know when it's sorted. Itching to get her looking good :)

Yeah, I'll let you know when it's sorted. Itching to get her looking good :)

I think when you see the new unit I have the use of then doing it there will be a must, just uploading some pics now................:D

I do like these A2s. My dads mate has one remapped (with a few extra bits) to 120ish bhp and it is a rapid little beast. Rolls on 18s with lowered suspension too.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, she's back.

After an equally epic battle with the intercooler, Ali from Unit18 managed to get the new one in. Another top drawer service from Unit18, cheers lads.

It seems as though there's two types of MAF sensor on these cars, an earlier one and a later one... which have different sizes. Fantastic.Not entirely sure why...

Anyway, updated the costings on spritmonitor.de - so I thought I'd put all that in to make this update a little more interesting. I've got no pics of the intercooler change as, er, I wasn't there :o

Anyway:

Calculation of vehicle's costs

period: 28.04.2008 to 28.04.2009

start mileage: 123.611 mi

end mileage: 125.086 mi

total of driven kilometers: 1.475 mi

date mileage description GBP

Fuel 157,62

14.03.2009 123.611 28,6 l Diesel 28,01

17.03.2009 123.939 28,7 l Diesel 28,70

22.03.2009 124.257 27,8 l Diesel 27,73

27.03.2009 124.585 27,2 l Diesel 27,12

02.04.2009 124.898 27,8 l Diesel 28,09

04.04.2009 125.086 17,5 l Diesel 17,97

Maintenance 299,28

11.04.2009 124.724 Cambelt/damper/water pump change & fluid/filter service (Parts £49.28) 299,28

Repair 389,98

24.04.2009 124.827 Intercooler change (Parts £189.98) 389,98

Spare parts 32,11

14.03.2009 Alloy Wheel centre caps 32,11

Sum of costs 878,99

Cost per Mile 0,60

So, there we have it - next job is to sort out the tyres... and that damn 2-speaker stereo!

• 2 weeks later...
Good to see you making progress mate :thumbup:

The little German's making you work for it though eh? :D

Steve

She is, yeah! Having wheel bearings done on Friday, more money... :mad:

Still, she'll be all good after that so silver lining and all that!

• 1 month later...
Time for a change.

Bye bye A2!

Turn out to be a bad decision? With the car in general, or this particular one and the work that ended up being required?

Steve

Turn out to be a bad decision? With the car in general, or this particular one and the work that ended up being required?

Steve

Not at all, was a good descision financially. An unfortunate change in personal circumstances meant I was living on my own, less than a 10 minute drive from where I now work - plus more money, cheap petrol (38p/litre :o ) and access to a farm unit means I could justify something more fun.

And fun, she certainly is... I'm updating the Golf's PD shortly with the latest information... :mad:

That said, the Audi was a brilliant car. I'd have another one tomorrow if I needed something cheap - short of the repairs/servicing I had to do straight away she was a bargain.

Not at all, was a good descision financially. An unfortunate change in personal circumstances meant I was living on my own, less than a 10 minute drive from where I now work - plus more money, cheap petrol (38p/litre :o ) and access to a farm unit means I could justify something more fun.

And fun, she certainly is... I'm updating the Golf's PD shortly with the latest information... :mad:

That said, the Audi was a brilliant car. I'd have another one tomorrow if I needed something cheap - short of the repairs/servicing I had to do straight away she was a bargain.

My farm is bigger than yours.................:P

So has the A2 gone yet, I may be interested!

Not sure if you have been in contact with Bluefox via PM but the A2 has gone mate.........:thumbdwn: