Viper Pipercross induction kit ?

I know I might be shot down in flames saying its a waste of money but I just wanted to know if these are any good; obviously having a cold air feed etc. or whether this just gives you noise and little else.

Heard different aguments about loss in power by having an induction kit and people saying it enhances the torque of the car

So confusing:confused:

The car being 1.8t 4x4 with remap

The only good CAIs are ones that guarantee a cold air feed. If you have one where the filter just sits unprotected high in the engine bay all it will do is suck in hot air. Even if you get a good CAI it is only going to give you a tiny increase in horsepower, and the torque seems to be better if you stick with the standard airbox and an uprated panel filter. The noise is much better with a CAI though.

depends what you want.

I personaly wouldnt waist money on that when you car get the same thing from ebay for £40 then jus go buy a nice good filter to go on it. half the price and just the same job, mind I think the carbonio and PX both look ace, but no one really looks under my bonnet so not too bothered.

Dont really think they give any HP mate. i got mine for the sound and it doesnt loos me any power. plus its been mapped for it now so she drives crap with the box back on.

billy

• 1 month later...

hi,

i have a viper ind on my fabia, along with a sports cat it really lets things flow alot better,

they might be a we expensive but its worth the money, they sound really nice an look the part too. if you want to see some pics just ask and ill post some up. i dont no anyone else with one but when i open the bonnet everyone loves the look and sound of it.

depends what you want.

I personaly wouldnt waist money on that when you car get the same thing from ebay for £40 then jus go buy a nice good filter to go on it. half the price and just the same job, mind I think the carbonio and PX both look ace, but no one really looks under my bonnet so not too bothered.

Dont really think they give any HP mate. i got mine for the sound and it doesnt loos me any power. plus its been mapped for it now so she drives crap with the box back on.

billy

When you say it is mapped for it Billy, I see you have a custom map now. Most Generic maps will not make a difference with a change of air filter. I am suprised even a custom map makes that difference although someone is bound to come back and explain(please do).:)