Which is factory kit option for Bluetooth in Bolero

Hello ,Can anyone pls guide me which is the genuine factory kit option to activate the Bluetooth in Bolero radio of Superb II.Specific part Nos & price will be of great help.DIY guide will awesome.Thanks a lot in advance RegardsManoj

• 3 weeks later...
Hello ,Can anyone pls guide me which is the genuine factory kit option to activate the Bluetooth in Bolero radio of Superb II.Specific part Nos & price will be of great help.DIY guide will awesome.Thanks a lot in advance RegardsManoj

The part No.1Z0 035 729 A, There is a guy on ebay that will fit £450 all in.

Another usefull link is:-5 729 A

:)http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3488355

http://octavia-vrs.com/technical/bluetooth.html

I am also looking at retrofit and installing myself, the price for the kit is about £375. :thumbup:

Edited by BurialConstant

You need to be careful here, as there are 2 different bluetooth kits for the Superb.

The part number quoted by BurialConstant is for the GSMII bluetooth kit, as used by the Octavia. This is the basic kit, and effectively makes the Bolero act like a bluetooth headset device. All the GSM radio stuff is handled by the phone.

There is also a GSMIII kit, which is standard fit on UK Elegance cars, and optional on SE cars with Bolero. This kit uses RSAP (remote SIM access protocol) and only works with a relatively small number of phones (most recent Nokias and WM phones are okay).

In this kit, the bluetooth module extracts the SIM details over bluetooth, then turns off the GSM radio in the phone, and connects to the network using a built-in phone in the car. This also uses a separate aerial in the car, and a signal amplifier, so it results in a much better signal for more of the time.

I'm not sure how feasible it is to retrofit the GSMIII kit, as it's more complicated, and I'm not aware of anyone else doing it.

Bagpuss.

The part No.1Z0 035 729 A, There is a guy on ebay that will fit £450 all in.

Another usefull link is:-5 729 A

:)http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3488355

Octavia-vRS.com - OEM Integrated Bluetooth Telephone Install

I am also looking at retrofit and installing myself, the price for the kit is about £375. :thumbup:

Thanks a lot for this information.

Trying to order one & give it a try.

If you are done with it please submit me the pictures:thumbup:

Thanks a lot for this information.

Trying to order one & give it a try.

If you are done with it please submit me the pictures:thumbup:

Ordered one on ebay, only cost me £235 (from poland) wanted GSM 2 as can use more phones! should get car soon so will inform how it went installing!:eek:

Received Bluetooth unit today and is excellent (from poland), get my car first week in May the fitment is as the post I left earlier (it fits under the drivers seat just like the Octavia) a cd is supplied on how to fit it to different makes and different program codes are also on the cd. the unit is supposed to be coded for the Bolero (as the seller asks for the make of vehicle and radio type). will inform you how it went on install and any problems encountered. Also selling the premium bluetooth 5N0 035 730 A for £350 (rSPA) which seems to fit the same way.

Edited by BurialConstant

Received Bluetooth unit today and is excellent (from poland), get my car first week in May the fitment is as the post I left earlier (it fits under the drivers seat just like the Octavia) a cd is supplied on how to fit it to different makes and different program codes are also on the cd. the unit is supposed to be coded for the Bolero (as the seller asks for the make of vehicle and radio type). will inform you how it went on install and any problems encountered. Also selling the premium bluetooth 5N0 035 730 A for £350 (rSPA) which seems to fit the same way.

Mate ,

Are you done with it now,

Please...........Post the pictures & the detailed ordering information here.

Is it functioning properly ?

Please reply soooooooo;)n.

Mate ,

Are you done with it now,

Please...........Post the pictures & the detailed ordering information here.

Is it functioning properly ?

Please reply soooooooo;)n.

I just need the car now!!!!!:mad: get it the first week in may:) so should list info ASAP!

I just need the car now!!!!!:mad: get it the first week in may:) so should list info ASAP!

Is that date confirmed BC or just expected? Mine's on order and due for production next week which the dealer says should mean it will come by end of w/c 11th May but I'm not holding my breath! :(

• 2 weeks later...

Ok fitted Bluetooth unit and it works (even without reprograming but does not have Tel No's, last/missed call), took about two and a half hours to fit. have taken photo's will eventually post them! not much different to the Octavia fit except fed wires from the stereo unit as very tight behind it. tested it and madam said stop shouting! it works very well even better than a parrot unit (which I held in high regard). so recommened a retro fit if you want a cheaper option.

Hi Guys,

Just got my Superb 1.8TSI Candy White delivered in India. We don't have a trim choice out here in India, but I figured the system is the Bolero and the manual has instructions on Bluetooth, but the functionality doesn't exist on the system.

Could you direct me to what part I should buy off ebay and install?? I guess its the GSM2 kit. Skoda India has no clue about any of this!!!!!!!!!!! :-(

But I'm an installer myself and can arrange for the installation at my end. Its just that the part that I need.

Any help would be much appreciated!!!!

Hi Guys,

Just got my Superb 1.8TSI Candy White delivered in India. We don't have a trim choice out here in India, but I figured the system is the Bolero and the manual has instructions on Bluetooth, but the functionality doesn't exist on the system.

Could you direct me to what part I should buy off ebay and install?? I guess its the GSM2 kit. Skoda India has no clue about any of this!!!!!!!!!!! :-(

But I'm an installer myself and can arrange for the installation at my end. Its just that the part that I need.

Any help would be much appreciated!!!!

Here is the link eBay My World - www*carsystems*pl you will need your Skoda Dealer to set up on there "Vag-Com" to give the unit full functions, but you can get away with out this. This is the link for fitting the Bluetooth unit http://briskoda.net/technical-guides/retrofitted-original-bluetooth-octavia-ii-lot-pics/81779/ , Like I have said before hope to post photo's soon.

Thanks a ton BurialConstant!!!!!!!!!!

Will this product do??

eBay Motors: VW RNS510 MFD3 BLUETOOTH KIT GOLF MK6 PASSAT CC MFD RNS (item 170317243072 end time May-31-09 12:39:01 PDT)

And what is the Vag-Com??????

Yep that is the one :thumbup:, Vag-Com is the software VW, Audi, Skoda & Seat use to program there cars, your dealer should have it. The RCD510 is the Bolero unit.

Thanks again BurialConstant!!!!

Do you think the dealer in India would have the same software as the guys in your countries?? I mean the same firmware, etc???

These guys are literally jokers out here.. Would it just pop up on the screen or it requires some bit of programming when these connect my car to the VagCom??

Thanks again BurialConstant!!!!

Do you think the dealer in India would have the same software as the guys in your countries?? I mean the same firmware, etc???

These guys are literally jokers out here.. Would it just pop up on the screen or it requires some bit of programming when these connect my car to the VagCom??

Here is a link for you Ross-Tech: VAG-COM, I only received my car yesterday so will keep updating until finished, you do not get all the fittings to secure the unit (under the right seat) but my Skoda dealer has informed me they should be in tommorow so will list the part numbers soon. you can of course use double sided sticky tape :rofl: like I have for the moment! :o Some of the parts had to come direct from SKODA so had to wait 2 weeks:mad:.

Thanks for the link..

My primary question is though - if i buy the kit from ebay and install it myself, will anything show up on the screen? Can i access my phone??

Or when i install it, it would show some kind of locked screen and I need to take it to my dealer to have it flashed or reset or something??

Thanks for the link..

My primary question is though - if i buy the kit from ebay and install it myself, will anything show up on the screen? Can i access my phone??

Or when i install it, it would show some kind of locked screen and I need to take it to my dealer to have it flashed or reset or something??

Refer to my quote yesterday, It works and on the screen, you can receive calls and make calls (it has 6 memory buttons displayed on the screen) but will not store your last/received/missed calls or your contact list from your phone, it will not display on your Multi Function Display either to get all of these you need to update via Vag-Com.

Bit of bad news, my local dealer has tried to program the Bluetooth unit but could not do all the codes said 3 where not allowed on his system! So I still have the same problems as listed before but all info is now on the MFD and not the stereo unit, they are getting a Superb in soon with Bluetooth so will check the codes with that model and try to use them on my model.

Thats bad news alright.. Hmm.. I think I'll wait out buying the kit till you figure out how to get it to work?

The Skoda India guys have the 729A part number, but they have no clue as to how to install it on the Superb. So anything I try would have to be at my risk..

The non-OE product link I sent you actually says that it can be retrofitted into the Superb 3T and since its a non-OE product I think they've done away with the codes, etc - except for the one on the Stereo that came with the car.

And I have another question - The bolero system - does it have any model number?