Cluster Instrument / ABS Module

Hi guys, Im having a problem with my cluster instrument, the fuel guage and the mph counter are consistantly dropping out. Most of the time they sit at 0.

I contacted a guy in a cluster repair company who told me in this case, the common problem is that there is no signal coming from the ABS module.

Im wondering if anyone can tell me where the ABS module is located? So as i can check for the obvious lose connection or faulty cabling.

Any help or advice is greatly appriciated.

All the best,

Wiring issues are not unknown, but it's never easy to say what is wrong without fault codes. Even then it can be tricky. Really needs live data test using VAGCOM, or one of the more upmarket code scanners that can log live data. The speed data signal goes through most of the electronic wizardry before going to the instrument cluster. If radio has GALA it also goes through that as well.

Daft as it might sound, I dont think i do haha.

No, theres no ABS as far as i know. Where should i be looking in that case? :mad:

Just noticed the bit about fuel gauge acting up as well. Probably a voltage regulator problem, but could still be a wiring issue. I would use VAGCOM to check the speedo, as it can be used to test the speedo dial actually moves when driven by the VAGCOM signal.