Bluetooth phone kit - worth it?

Later this year I'm changing my 56 Fabia Elegance Estate and looking at either the Fabia 3 or Octavia Elegance 1.4 122. Oh the dilemma!!

Playing around with the web config tool (which really needs to be updated BTW) and the brochure I can see there is an option for the leather multifunction wheel, maxi-dot and bluetooth phone kit.

Is the phone kit worth getting? Will it stream audio? My other option is to fit a Parrot mki9100 so I can connect my iPod to it.

Cheers

Later this year I'm changing my 56 Fabia Elegance Estate and looking at either the Fabia 3 or Octavia Elegance 1.4 122. Oh the dilemma!!

Playing around with the web config tool (which really needs to be updated BTW) and the brochure I can see there is an option for the leather multifunction wheel, maxi-dot and bluetooth phone kit.

Is the phone kit worth getting? Will it stream audio? My other option is to fit a Parrot mki9100 so I can connect my iPod to it.

Cheers

I have no experiance myself of the phone kit, but I know a few have them fitted and are impressed. Try the search function and see what you can find. It might also be worth dropping vrSTU and PM as he has a lot of info on these phone kits.

HTH

Hi,

I have the kit on my Octy and it does work fine. Bluetooth takes a while to sync, but after that it works. Audio via speakers, of course, with muting.

I bought myself the custom cradle and got an even better comfort: never have to charge the phone ;) and use of car's antenna.

Voice activated phone calling works fine too, but you have to record your (more often) used names.

HTH

Strange - mine syncs within about 6 seconds of turning on the ignition.

Stu fitted mine a couple of months back and I love it - even with the slightly limited functionality not having a MFSW gives you.

Stu fitted mine as well (top man that he is). I have to say that I didn't realise how useful it would be until after it was fitted and I am now considering the cradle so that the phone gets charged as well! I would recommend it to anyone.

Strange - mine syncs within about 6 seconds of turning on the ignition.

It will depend very much on the make and model of phone you're using, and how the phone makes use of the Bluetooth connection.

Steve

Got a parrot 3200 fitted in mine.Well worth it, got fed up stopping each time the phone rang or turning the phone on loud speaker.:)

Had a parrot in the last car and it worked fine, am using a supertooth visor bluetooth at moment as a tempory measure. I am holding back on getting a parrot fitted at the moment as the installers that our company use are a bunch of muppets, One of our engineers found the installer using twisted wire joints wrapped with insulating tape, when he questioned him he said that he was not allowed to solder inside the car due to health and safety reasons ! so why not crimped joints ?