where do i find throttle body part number? please help!

hi, i took my W reg skoda fabia 1.4 16v in to skoda today to be looked at, as i have an erratic idle and the car is hunting. ive only owned the car 6days!! but love it so much im willing to fork out to repair it rather than take it back to the rat who sold it me.

to cut a long story short, ive been told i need a new throttle body at the price of £440 inc, but i want to buy a new one from ebay and get it fitted elsewhere.

can anyone help me with a part number, or where to look for one on the car. also any estimates on how much a private garage will charge to fit, or should i bite the bullet and just pay skoda to do it?

thanks for any help in advance.

I'd be tempted to get a second opinion, there are a number of reasons why they hunt, do a search. First thing to look at is cleaning of the throttle body and egr system, and crankcase breather system. If the throttle body has not been adapted, (following battery disconnection) that could be another source of trouble.

Start with the easy (cheap) things first!!

yeh ive had a few things tried already, throttle body has been cleaned, airflow pipes checked, diagnostics came back clear, earth wires checked and a few other things i cant remember. so as a last resort i went to skoda.