Castle Combe avoiding the tedium of the M5!

PastyBoy

See attached map for route I (and probably one other) shall be taking from Cheltenham to Combe. Having traveled both this route and the M5-M4 route and the country route is much more entertaining!

Timing's can be confirmed once Jase has updated the main thread with the show details but I'll be heading down as early as possible as i have to leave Combe at lunchtime to go to Thruxton for the BTCC - so you'll have to find your own ways home!! :D

Suggesting anyone north of Cheltenham gets off at junction 11A M5, then gets off the A417 at Brockworth to take the A46 to Stroud - there is a Toby Carvery pub just down the road called the Cross Hands and its car park is a worthy meeting place as any (it's also opposite a Motorworld if anyone needs some cheap nasty mods! :rofl:)

We can then merge into a mega convoy at Stroud with those planning on meeting further down at Junction 13 - now where's Kris Kristofferson (sp) when you need him!!

cool stick me down bud and i will meet ya at the pub?wot time we lookin at??:thumbup:

until Jase updates the show entry details can't really say but it'll be as early as possible for me due to having to leave at lunch time to go to Thruxton for the BTCC

This looks to be shorter than the M5/M4 route I've done before. Is it shorter? Does it take longer because it is slower?

Google maps says Cheltenham to Combe using this route is 1 hour 7 minutes and the motorway route is 1 hour 3 minutes; so not really a lot in it.

However Google calculates using the posted limits that we may not adhere to quite as strictly - real time is approx 45-50 minutes

as per Jason's update to the main thread - gates open at 7am but the "action" doesn't start until 10

Suggest an 8am depart from Brockworth which should get us to the circuit around 8:45??

as per Jason's update to the main thread - gates open at 7am but the "action" doesn't start until 10

Suggest an 8am depart from Brockworth which should get us to the circuit around 8:45??

i think i may be goin down even earlier now as gotta get these slicks of jason and get em fitted in time hopefully!gotta meet him j18 by 7.45:eek:

i think i may be goin down even earlier now as gotta get these slicks of jason and get em fitted in time hopefully!gotta meet him j18 by 7.45:eek:

:thumbup: good luck dwight - see you there

:thumbup: good luck dwight - see you there

scrap that idea bud i will roll down wiv u as its goin to be too tight for me to try and sort the slicks an be on track etc in time!also need a bit of time for polishin lol!

do we know what time were meetin yet??:thumbup:

yup and yup

quarter to 8 at the pub in brockworth - at the moment i think the convoy will be me & you, and maybe yegnold & joenitro

It's not much of a convoy but as all 3 of us are on the stand and on track (and all track day first timers) might be wise for us all to stick together for parking/breifing/sound test etc etc! :D

yup and yup

quarter to 8 at the pub in brockworth - at the moment i think the convoy will be me & you, and maybe yegnold & joenitro

It's not much of a convoy but as all 3 of us are on the stand and on track (and all track day first timers) might be wise for us all to stick together for parking/breifing/sound test etc etc! :D

sounds good to me i'm bringing plenty of spare pants as no doubt it will be a nervous frist time(and fear of tyhe wife battering me if anything goes awry!) will prob be with my bro as he's my passenger for the track and hasa some experience so also my advisor lol!:D:thumbup:

scrap that idea bud i will roll down wiv u as its goin to be too tight for me to try and sort the slicks an be on track etc in time!also need a bit of time for polishin lol!

do we know what time were meetin yet??:thumbup:

Full or Cut/Road Legal Slicks?

They don't allow the use of Full Slicks on the Action Days...

It's always been mentioned in previous briefings, i've done 5 of these CC Action days myself now...

Full or Cut/Road Legal Slicks?

They don't allow the use of Full Slicks on the Action Days...

It's always been mentioned in previous briefings, i've done 5 of these CC Action days myself now...

full but ive already scrapped that idea goin to save them for the pod instead:thumbup:

cherrs for info tho bud

OK looks like I'll be joining too as going this route is 11 miles shorter than taking the motorway route, even if I come and meet you at the pub in Brockworth :D

You can count me in for 7.45am at the pub ;) Please PM me if details change and I don't acknowledge them in this thread :)