anyone got 18" S8 wheels?

Nice wheels I must admit. I'd be a bit weary of getting replica wheels tho. Mate of mine bought some replica A8 wheels for his A4. Cost him £500 and 4 months down the line the are totally fooked. The laquer has all but fallen off, paint bubbles everywhere and they look really shabby. (no damage caused by curbing) think its just down to the poor quality of the alloys. Not the first time i've seen this with replica alloys. Could you try and source some originals?

a lot of people I know have bought replica's and they've never had issues with them... normally tyre-shops should be able to tell you which replica brands are fine and which aren't...

the originals will never fit an Octi because they are 5x112 so you'll need spacers which would bring the wheels too much out of the arches...

I am just wondering if someone has these already because I would like to see them on an standard (not lowered) octavia before buying them...

cheers

B

@ silver rocket: I agree but this shouldn't stop anyone of putting on a nice wheel... otherwise 99% of the population would drive around with plastic wheelcaps

@ Fitz323: a lot of people are running 18" with 90hp... It's my "sunday" car now since I got a company car so I don't do a lot of mileage and I intend to keep the wheel diameter the same by using the correct tyre size

cheers

B

I've been looking for a set of originals as I think they'd look great on an Octavia.

I've seen them on a Fabia, but not an Octy yet.

It's not ideal, but perhaps you could get someone to photoshop them onto your car?

When picking replicas , i beleve its italian or german made you should be looking for?

lol i think thats what i found out when i was after them :orb_readi

i just asked mate, go for the direct route, "are they good quality or micky mouse"

:orb_cool:

indeed italian and german replica's are good quality...

I already made a pictune which looks very nice but I would still like to see it irl before spending money ;)

220215.jpg

cheers

B