Sick of vRS TDI

DPF sensor on the blink again (3rd time in 2.5 yrs). Burn cycle not being initiated. But dealer won't take my word for it... Sick of the car so much It's been sitting in the work car park for the last 2 weeks while I tool around in a company BMW 320D M-Sport. I'm leaving my vRS there as long as possible while I perfect my power sliding!! Wont be having another vRS D that's for sure. A real shame as the rest of the car's great - and quicker than the 320D despite being a few BHP down.

Is that the 177PS 2.0D? supposed to be a pretty good engine overall.

If your dealer wont take your word for it. Just drive the ****er till the dash lights up like the Blackpool Illuminations :P

The CR engined vRS TDI most likely eliminates the DPF issues of the PD engine as it was designed from the with the DPF in mind from the word go.

Did you take a test drive before you purchased ?

Yes, I had a full 24 hours drive in one. However...

I have a company car and can only choose diesel.

After 52k miles in 2 years, your opinion changes!

Steve

Your experience with the DPF has just about confirmed my fears about them.

Can you imagine how much grief and expense they are going to cause as these cars fitted with them get older and go out of warranty.

All this 'high tech' stuff as fitted to the modern car i.e. DPF's, multi airbags, ECU's etc. etc., are going to be the main reason for scrapping cars in the future. Probably are already in fact.

Used to be rust in the good ole days.:rolleyes: