Scirocco

Steve R

I've driven a 140 Jetta which I believe is the same engine. I was very similar in performance to my standard vRS but with a more smooth delivery of the power.

Not much else to say on it was I only had i for a day a while back. Hope this is some help though.

I've gone from Fabia vRS to PD140 Leon. The Fabia felt faster, but I don't think it is. As you say, the 140 16V is a smoother delivery.

I'd go for one with the 2.0 TFSI engine as well if you don't do the miles. If you have the cash and like your Diesels, either because you like the way they drive, for Company Car Tax or because you do a lot of miles, try and stretch to a Audi TT 2.0 TDI with the 170 BHP engine. You can only tell it is a Diesel at tickover, it's quick with loads of torque and even makes a decent noise for a Diesel when you rev it! I think it is a good car. I am the world's biggest petrolhead but don't have much time for Anti Diesel prejudice with cars like this around. They make sense especially as a company car:thumbup: