Air Con / Heating

Recently when switching on the standard heating or cooling fans the air being ejected just gets hotter and hotter with no regard for the setting.

Furthermore when I switch on the Air Con, which was recharged in December the air just continues to get hotter.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks

Mine does something weird too! Just come back from holiday - VRS decided for some random reason - even though th the aircon was on and the fan was on 2 and the temp on cold I started to get a blast of very hot air through the vents. It stayed like this no matter what i did to the controls. I pulled off the road for some lunch and took the key out. When I turned the car back on it went back to full cold.

It sounds like the flap motors - there are a couple hidden in the dashboard which control air direction and the hot/cold mix - they are know to stick. I understand they can be re-set using Vag.com but the problem often comes back. If your car is under warranty it is worth investigating as it's a BIG job to change the motors.

Having said all that . . . if your AC button is not lit up it might be the heater control module (the one with the dials/buttons on it) as when that goes wrong your heat setting will stay the same no matter what you set it too (but the direction will change as before).

There are some useful 'how to' guides on here . . .