Favorit water in engine

Guys I have terrible problem with my Favorit. I tried to start the car and it didn't go. Checked battery (which is new), then replaced the starter and the car finally turned on. I took her for a ride (I noticed the car vibrates heavily), then turned her off. Tried to start, but again it took very it long time. When it came on again I went to the mechanic (we managed to start the car again) and he noticed one of the plugs doesn't work. He took it off and water started coming out of the plug hole and lots of white smoke from exsust. He said we need to replace engine head without even opening it. He said the price for it is 550 euro, I bought the car 1.5 years ago for almost the same price. What do you think, if I go with this repair, for how long will it extend this car life? Does it worth it, or should I sell her for scrapping and get a new one? Cause the car runs really steady, low fuel consumption, it's really a tough decision, maybe some one here can suggest something.

Sounds like a head gasket gone.... If the car cost as much as the repairs then get another car. Unless the rest of the car is in tip top condition that is.

But with water in the cylinder... god knows what other damage has been done.

Don't know your whereabouts (but somewhere in Euroland I guess). How much would a complete engine cost you at the scrappie? If your Favorite is in good condition otherwise (body, interior, wheel suspension) just finding another engine might be the best option? As auroan says, with flooded cylinders there might be more than just the engine head that needs attention on your current engine (pistons, bearings).

I understand cylinder heads have a habit of corroding on these cars - so chances are you would need a new one of those (around £200) plus any other damage that might be there due to the water, as swedishskoda points out.

There maybe lots of other things wrong but until you take the head off you will never know.You may be pleasantly surprised and find that all that's needed is a head skim, new gasket, oil and oil filter.They're very easy to work on ,so give it a go, you have nothing to lose and lots to gain :thumbup: