Tattoo - Sleeve Themes/Designs

Addis

should be gettin my samoen half sleave finished hopefully in the next couple of weeks. ill get some pics up when i do.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2d5c219a.jpg

ee50073f.jpg

The meanings are contained in both the black patterns and the spaces and are (from top to bottom)

The Yorkshire Rose is me.

The first horizontal gap is our journey to Aotearoa New Zealand

The triangular section is my sister Janine

The first band represents whanau

The next horizontal gap is our ongoing journey

The bottom band represents Melanie, my wife.

Within these sections are the koru (swirls)- which look like fern fronds and represent birth and new life.

The double koru on the middle right and in the triangle represents my mother and father. (it links me to my sister as well as into my whanau)

The two joined koru are our two (twin) cats Meg and Mog

The final single koru is our dog, Noodle.

These are mirrored within Melanie's band to show that they are our whanau (effectively our children!).

Original thread when it was done:

http://briskoda.net/off-topic-chit-chat/modded-myself/105678/

i really like that! looks awesome. how long did that take?

i really like that! looks awesome. how long did that take?

About an hour to freehand draw, another hour to outline and getting on for 3 hours for the shading !

The Yorkshire Rose took longest as they're not used to doing anything but Maori designs, so they took care to get it right.

Had to go back to the top shaded point of the rose after a while as it's right over the bone and was bleeding somewhat! :eek:

About an hour to freehand draw, another hour to outline and getting on for 3 hours for the shading !

The Yorkshire Rose took longest as they're not used to doing anything but Maori designs, so they took care to get it right.

Had to go back to the top shaded point of the rose after a while as it's right over the bone and was bleeding somewhat! :eek:

haha it blooming hurts on the bone doesnt it? when he was doing the shading on the top of my shoulder, i felt like my ribs were about to snap lol

i'm really debating on whether to get a full sleeve or not. i know they're quite common now but i still think some employers look down on it. i'm happy and safe (hopefully) at my current job but who knows what might happen in the future. i suppose if i get a 3/4 sleeve i could still wear a long sleeve shirt.....hmmmm....

this is turnin into a "show us ya tats" thread. get them pics posted no tat to big or small! thats if its ok with the original thread starter. dont want to highjack it! lol

• 5 weeks later...

been to tat shop today to look at my final design for my samoan half sleeve, a few bits to alter but so far its lookin good! ill get some pics on when finished. gona cost a bit though.:(:rotz: is there no one else that fancies postin there tat pics?

• 4 weeks later...

still waitin on the tat shop. how long have u guys waited? i know the shop is very popular and busy and the work im havin done is quite big but i have been waitin months now. they did ring me to go and look how it was goin, there was a few alterations which needed doin but not much. that was 3 week ago now and still no sign. tryin to not sound inpatient, dont really want to **** off or rush someone who is goin to mark me for life but im gettin really sick of waitin now!!!

still waitin on the tat shop. how long have u guys waited? i know the shop is very popular and busy and the work im havin done is quite big but i have been waitin months now. they did ring me to go and look how it was goin, there was a few alterations which needed doin but not much. that was 3 week ago now and still no sign. tryin to not sound inpatient, dont really want to **** off or rush someone who is goin to mark me for life but im gettin really sick of waitin now!!!

Some shops up here have 6-8 month waiting lists for some artists.

If you're that dedicated on getting what you really want, you'll wait. :)