Octy 1 Estate rear aero wiper

Hello

Wonder if anyone can help - I'm looking for a rear wiper that will fit my Mk 1 Octavia Estate - one that actually clears the curved screen :)

I'm keen to get an aero style wiper for this. Has anyone had success with the newer VW aero wipers (and arm) on an Octy 1 estate? The Polo or Touran types? Would a wiper kit for a Mk 2 Octavia estate do the trick?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Scott

i had an aero wiper from a golf/polo (im sure it was) which i bought from vagspares, dont think they are open now, but its quite a common mod, try searching on ukmk4 forum., it does make a difference!

i had an aero wiper from a golf/polo (im sure it was) which i bought from vagspares, dont think they are open now, but its quite a common mod, try searching on ukmk4 forum., it does make a difference!

I got one of these about 2 years ago after seeing it on Rob's estate but it was way to small for the hatch. It currently resides in my shed. If you cover postage your more than welcome to it.

PM me if interested.

yes i think Lex is right, the smaller arm/blade works better on the estate than it does the hatch.......dont remember having any issues on my estate with that setup, which was a lot better than what i had there before, not sure on the aero wipers on the hatch, the ones i have just dont fit as well as they could/should!

I have the polo arm, blade and cap which works fine with the curve of the screen - also seems to be lasting better than the standard set up which used to miss parts, judder and was noisy - this used to happen quite quickly after fitting a new genuine blade - no problems now though. It clears all but about an inch of what the standard blade used to so maybe a touran blade may just be better size to get.

• 2 weeks later...