ECU_Tune remaps. ANYGOOD? cheers

I would say if they aren't known on here it is not worth the risk. JCB had a bad experience with an unknown tuning company after a postal remap from ebay and is still sorting it.

cheers for the replies:

i think it was jcb's thread that made me ask this question.

i also read that not all cheap is rubbish!! i have rang them up and talked to them, they seem genuine enuff however i thought i would ask to see if there was anyone one here that have ahd first hand experience with ecu_tune from ebay.

its budget that is stopping me pay 300 quid for a remap but i dont want to waste my 100 then end up paying for more of course

ta, Adie

There are a couple of chaps with mk1 octy vrs's on here with this remap. They have no problems at all, this is one of the good ones and Jason knows what he's doing. He gets his maps from reputable companies. Another option is Ecu evolution, also on Ebay, a lot of us me included have this map and are very pleased with it.

Edited by martziniuk

As the nearest remap company to orkney is 120 mile drive & a 2hour boat trip away my friend sent his ECU of to Evolution, he did it through ebay. It took less than a week for it to come back and it has upped the bhp but everytime it goes over 80mph the traction control switches itself off and it stays off till you turn the ignition off and start it again.

As the nearest remap company to orkney is 120 mile drive & a 2hour boat trip away my friend sent his ECU of to Evolution, he did it through ebay. It took less than a week for it to come back and it has upped the bhp but everytime it goes over 80mph the traction control switches itself off and it stays off till you turn the ignition off and start it again.

that wouldnt be anything to do with the remap!

if you havent got vag com just try disconecting the battery for 10 mins to do a reset and see if clears