Orange engine warning light - Octi VRS any ideas?

jdhogg100

Could just be the coolant temp sensor like mine had recently. Cheap and nothing to worry about (although apparently it can lead to catalytic converter damage over a long period).

Err, got a similar issue with the orange oil can light on mine (mk1 2001 Octy estate). I was driving back from the UK and got a light in France. Topped her up, but the light won't go away (the manual says red is low and orange a warning and that it should reset itself on the long-life set-up, but it didn't). I asked my dealer, he has no idea but couldn't fit me in, so I have done another 1500 miles since then with no issues, just keep checking the oil. Any ideas will be a help as I need the car for work so can't just drop it in with the garage (the Swiss don't do weekends....)

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to jump on someone else's thread but it looks like he is sorted. I have a friend with a similar problem and the dealer has told her it's the emissions, they say they checked everything and nothing seems to be causing the problem and that probably she has had some duff petrol that caused it to come on, so they put it out but it has come on again a few times since. She has now discovered that if she fills the tank, the light comes on, if she only half fills it, it's fine. Anyone shed any light on this???

Faskoda.

We need to have a scan of the trouble codes in the car to really be sure but I would guess an Evap system problem is causing the warning light to come on given what you say about filling the tank.