LED Side Lights

Front side lamp failed so thought I'd fit LED's......Switch lights on and they lit, then went off & got failed lamp warning on dash.

Replaced with conventional bulbs n now ok.

Any reason LED's dont work or just my car ????:eek:

Im sure they need to be special LEDs with resistors on them to fool the car into thinking its a bulb instead. The car is looking for a certain power drain from the bulbs, the LEDs use a lot less power, so the car thinks there is a fault. Lots of threads about this.

Not sure if you can DIY the resistors tho.....

Well I would not pay £50 for two side light lamps(LED)

Radiotwo

50 quid is a tad steep I would agree. As long as you are sensible when fitting the resistors there is no problem going the cheapo ebay route.

You can run the resistor cables out through one of the rubber vents in the back of the headlight fitting.

I attached my resistors to the small vertical pieces of steel between the lights and the radiator assembly.

Mine lasted over a year (roughly 45,000 miles) with no problems apart from some water ingress corroded the top of the resistor fitted to the offside lamp and popped it so beware.

These are the ones you want: 10w LED Resistor kit -Bulbs T4W,W5W (501),H6W (433c) on eBay, also Bulbs Lenses, Lights Lighting Accessories, Car Tuning Styling, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 29-May-09 14:46:46 BST)

The plug and play is the big selling point as the load simulation hardware is incorporated, if they were £25 I would consider it. £50 is too much IMO :)