vRS Sluggish on acceleration - The Return

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry no further updates, Dealer Principal is still to get back to me. Tried calling the Service Manager for an update today at 15:00, left a message, and then again at 17:00 again no response and to make matters worse got two different excuses why he wasn't available, one contradicting the other. So not happy will call them tomorrow lunchtime if I haven't heard anything.

Latest update.

No call by lunchtime so called them at lunchtime 12:00 only to discover Service Manager is on Hols until Monday, tried to speak with Dealer Principal, not available, but will call back absolutely furious with them especially when I called back at 16:00 to be told they are very busy, as if I am sat here doing nothing in work.

Eventually got a call just before 17:00 to advise me the part they said was potentially faulty a relay has been replaced and not solved the problem and they believe now that one of the injectors is sticking so are fitting a new injector and will test in the morning.

Give the new guy his due he was very informative and apologetic, but and give him is due on this one wouldn't commit to when I would get the Car back until it is fully fixed and the issue resolved. Unlike the other guy who has made many broken promises and has swore blind on numerous occasions I would have the Car back.

So the saga continues.................

Cannot believe it is still going on steve, by the time they finish only the Tyres will be left. :'( Dealers fob offs are the worst ,<he is in a meeting,or can i have your number and i`ll get him to ring you back>, just trips off receptionist tongues. Luckily my dealer is only 1 mile away from work so when they give me spiel i cycle down there <work split shifts, so can go in afternoon> and can drip salty rain water in reception.They soon talk to me then. Have you turned to religion yet!

Well it's still ongoing, enters it's 8th Week next week and still no call back from the dealer principal, despite his promise to investigate and get back to me, also not heard from the service manager, been speaking with the workshop and workshop manager and getting the true story and not lots of bull and stalling tactics

Anyway been down there this morning to see the workshop and pick some stuff up from in my car and remember what it looks like. Spent an hour with the master technician who is now working on my car and had a look at the reams of printouts from the diags system and the errors being reported.

In summary the fault was not the ECU, or the Air Mast Metre they have swapped twice, plus numerous other parts, cabling and sensors they have changed, he has it down to the injectors. He originally wanted to swap all 4 out but Skoda wouldn't authorise it so he swapped one out, injector 4 which resolved 80% of the issues but it is also showing misfires on injector 3. So he swapped injectors 2 & 3 round and the issue moved to injector 2 so he was in the process of replacing injector 3 having moved them back. He then needs to reassemble the engine and retest and should know more Monday. He is hoping that this finally resolves the problems once and for all. The reports still show a lean mixture and an Air Mast metre issue but he believes the injectors are causing this. He has proved that the injector was leaking and dripping fuel into the engine which the new injectors will resolve. He is hoping that he doesn't end up having to change all 4 injectors individually because of the time it takes to dismantle and rebuild the engine.

Have a lot more faith in the Dealer now and the Technician now working on my Car, now that I am dealing direct with the workshop and not the Sales, Dealer and Customer facing side of the Business.

Day 50 and the vRS is back :D

It is looking excellent, has had a full valet, full tank of fuel they have even changed the metal trim above the Glove Box that the wife managed to scratch with her bag.

As for the engine, a whole host of new parts, ECU, Cables, Valves, Sensors and two new injectors which were the case of the problem.

Gave the Car a quick blast round the industrial estate and back through the streets during rush hour and it still managed 32mpg, never had it above 30 ever since I have had it and that included a run down the M6 Toll at 60mph.

Dealers are leaving it with me for a week, before giving me a call to see how it has been, hopefully all will be well now. It looks, sounds and runs better than it ever has a lot smoother, instant power on draft and handles brilliantly. Now need time to bed in to it again as I have got used to the Octavia 1.9TDi, so being negative how much is the difference moving to a petrol vRS from a 1.9 Diesel? Time will tell.

Now the debate is do I keep the Car, 3 years is up 1st October, and taking into account the car will be fully paid off and I get a Car allowance from work to buy a car, do I trade in or keep what I've got and take the cash as a bonus. Suppose that will only be answered if the car is reliable until October and have no issues with it, plus dealer is looking to extend the warranty by 12 months because of all the issues I have had. So if all goes well and they extend the warranty it will stay given it only has 28K on it, I have one free main service remaining and two brand new 18" Michelin Pilot Sport 2's in the shed. But if it is back and too, to the dealers with further issues it will be going. So again time will tell.

Glad it's all sorted now mate.

I'd keep it if was all paid for and then use it as a deposit on a New car when the time comes round you want to or you car allowance stops

Carl :thumbup:

Guys many thanks for your assistance and advice over the past months on this issue, very much appreciated.

As for the Car was running like a dream today and on a run in to Liverpool from Warrington I managed an average of 32.1 mpg at rush hour, a figure I have never previously seen with the vRS.

Current decision is I am going to keep the Car longer term, with the additional 12 months warranty taking me until October 2011 a fully paid off Car and 4 new tyres on it when I put the spare two on from in the Shed and a free Service still outstanding, I would be daft to get rid. That is unless it spends more time at the Dealers between now and this October, but I doubt that, he says touching wood ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Well a fortnight on and the car is still running like a dream even managing 35.x MPG going in to work, the same run that I was getting 18 MPG on when I had the initial problems back in January. It's very quiet on startup, instant acceleration, a nice throaty roar when you boot it and does it go, it flies. Everthing I thought I was buying back in October 97 when the car was brand new.

I have now receive the confirmation letter from the dealer confirming the Skoda 4th Year Warranty with Skoda Assist.

Loving driving it on a daily basis even on the mundane commute in to Liverpool, still arrive at work with a smile on my face, so the pain was worth it in the end.

• 5 months later...

Well getting on for nearly six months since the Car was fixed and it is still running like a dream with no other issues being encountered, still getting 36MPG on a run, so well pleased.

Plus true to their word the dealers have extended the warranty and roadside recovery by 12 months at no cost to myself, both policy documents came through from Skoda last week. So I am going to keep the car for at least another 12 months, daft to let it go really as it only has 35K miles on it.