Car Engine Treatments

Someone mentioned Cataclean in another thread and it reminded me to ask. Anyone able to recommend a good engine cleaner/conditioner/treatment like Cataclean, etc. Suitable for a VRS TFSI?

Should this only be done as and when required, or on a monthly/yearly/etc basis?

Ive never used these before:O and the internet seems a good place to get horror stories for these things (Voids Warranty, Engine Seized, etc)

Cheers:thumbup:

i would only use prolong or ZX1 oil treatments. but out of the 2 which is the best i would go for prolong its pretty cool stuff, make the engine an hell alot smoother. the only probs is that is hard to find there and an few bottles on ebay.

With over 30 years in the motor trade I've yet to hear of a manufacturer that approves of third-party additives. In fact some will void your warranty if you use additives. Mostly 'snake oil'.

Just use decent quality fuels and oils.