Going To St Ives URGENT PROBLEM ! HELP ! ! ! !

RichieVRS

As per previous post, Recently check trip advisor as to where we were supposed to be staying and to say the reviews are bad seems to be an UNDERSTATEMENT ! ! ! :orb_scrat

If its as bad as they say we will be walking in and walking straight back out again before leaving via the managers office! :orb_wise_

Anyone know of any GOOD ACCOMODATION in the surrounding areas that they would recomend! :orb_cool:

Worst case scenario will be hitting a B&B but would rather have a chalet type thing as a base from which to go adventuring. :orb_opera

Reviews on Tripadvisor can vary enormously from person to person and rumour has it they can be manipulated ;).

It can seem a lot worse if there are only a few reviews for a particular property too. Bear in mind that people are always way to keen to give feedback about the bad aspects rather than the good ;)

I always take 'em with a (large) pinch of salt and make you're own mind up when you get there.

Reviews on Tripadvisor can vary enormously from person to person and rumour has it they can be manipulated ;).

It can seem a lot worse if there are only a few reviews for a particular property too. Bear in mind that people are always way to keen to give feedback about the bad aspects rather than the good ;)

I always take 'em with a (large) pinch of salt and make you're own mind up when you get there.

Normally i would take em with a pinch of salt but pretty much ALL of the reviews seems to be v v v v v bad and the pictures are not doing it any help either.

Best quote from trip advisor " It makes a turkish prison cell look 5star! "

Come on lets all see :) Edit:is it the holiday village??

We stopped in Guernsey at a fantastic hotel a few years back, booked to go again and then read the reviews :eek: nearly cancelled the holiday they where that bad, BUT when we got there it was fine. It only takes bad weather or a tough steak and some people will condem the place they are staying, Now its booked (and paid for???????????) give it a go :)

Edited by postmanpat

is it a holiday place that has butlins style entertainment? if it is personal experience from last october was the rooms were cold and damp and needed heating on full whack to make it bearable. but as we went off site alot it was just somewhere to put out heads down.

Try st ives holiday park in hayle, found this place to be pretty good and cheap in the past.

Reading the reviews it doesn't sound so bad, other than the damp musty smell, most say it is clean if a little bare. I would guess the worst reviews are from people expecting luxuary and service and getting something 1 step up from camping :rofl: Don't know how much you are paying but one lot on there said it cost them £20 a night for up to 4 people so probably cheaper than camping, in fact it costs more than that to shove the car in a parking space for the night at some hotels, so I guess it really is a case of getting what you pay for:) So long as you don't expect the Ritz you will probably be OK.

We used to take clients there to provide relief for the families. It's not half as bad as the reviews make out. Granted, it is a little dated but from the sounds of things you're only looking for somewhere to sleep, not get 5 star accomodation. The longest I was there was 3 days, and it certainly wasn't as bad as some of the places I've been to...

to be fair JF holiday review for that place is spot on, but as swmbo put it, £30 quid or whatever sun holiday offer was cheaper than camping and just somewhere to put our heads down. But i can guarentee i wouldnt go back there, but would go to the one in hayle (which was on the same offer).

It is a chalet in a holiday park . . . . Which holiday parked you booked in m8?

Not sure.. brochure is at home...but I think it had "Bay" in the name so I don't think it's the same one

Edit: "St Ives Bay" apparently :thumbup:

Edited by chicken_eyebrow