Week from hell.

Guess what, no car. Van hit a toyota which hit a lupo, which bounced off my rear quarter and into the bmw in front who then hit the toyota in front of that.:eek:

Thankfully as I saw it happening in rear view started to take avoiding action and didn't hit the car in front of me myself.

Recovered to a yard local to the crash as with no rear quarter light cluster and a squashed wheel I couldn't drive the 1 1/2 hours left to get home. Had to get myself home though:thumbdwn:

Insured through Adrian Flux so phoned them They said as not your fault and non liability you can 1.Go through your insurance pay the excess but claim it back or...

2. Go through our dedicated legal company Angel Assistance/Helphire who will deal with all aspects of the claim and arrange a replacement vehicle for you..

Select option 2. It is now Wednesday, I have been on the phone to HH Fri Mon Tues and today, each time they have asked me what were the details of the other party where is my car as they are not recorded:confused:. A hire car was due on Fri, Mon, then Tues.....might turn up today. On Mon I was told that a car was delayed as they needed the 3rd party policy number as they had only named their broker, they would have to ask another department to find those out. I had had enough by this time and found these out myself and phoned them back with them within 10 mins. On tues I get a call saying that they can't give me a car yet as they are still waiting for third party policy number details, which I gave to them yet again.

Today I get a call from a local repair centre who have been asked to repair the car, they were not told the car is in northampton and they said can't recover it. By this time it has accrued 6 days storage as well.:rotz:

I then get a phone call from my insurers saying that HH have called them and asked them to recover the vehicle, pay the storage charges and repair the vehicle under my policy!!!!!!!:mad: WTF!!!

My insurers are stunned at HH's ways and means. Am now waiting to see if they will waive the excess and deal with the claim on my behalf.

AF said that HH will supply a car but they have now declined to deal with the rest of the repairs etc..:confused::rotz:

Been through this before with another company same circumstances, gave them the details once at the roadside, had a car in two hours and only calls were to let me know what was happening...... insurance is up for renewal next week might have to switch.

The Wife's Fabia was hit in a car park recently the guy who hit the car came back with his insurance details. Phoned the insurers and they said because he had admitted responsiblity for the damage it can go for repair. The repairers brought over a courtesy car (even should swimbo all of the controls) took her Fabia away, bought it back 4 working days later and took the courtesy back. No excess to pay & claim back later. Totally painless and no hassle, not all insurers are the same unfortunately.

Not Adrian Flux am biting at it is their 'Legal company'. Would go with AF again for ease but they can't match the quotes i have had from over 10 other leading companies.

Writing a letter to AF about all this, may nudge them to rethink who to use themselves, not doing their image any good .

Be careful with any vehicle you accept from assistance companies. Check the small print and the hire charges. If they can't claim their charges (which can be hundreds of pounds PER DAY) you may get the bill.

Personally I'd avoid them like the plague.

Be careful with any vehicle you accept from assistance companies. Check the small print and the hire charges. If they can't claim their charges (which can be hundreds of pounds PER DAY) you may get the bill.

Personally I'd avoid them like the plague.

Indeed, Octy 2.0TDi VRS you will get a DBM06 booking which is just under £47 a day carged to the TPI. The charges only apply if the TP brings the accident into dispute and there is a foggy area to the accident...sounds perfect non fault to me.

Once again HellHire mess up, due to complete lack of thinking and problem resolving of some of the opperatives in the HLO team.

I would have come to conclusion of having the vehicle recovered to a B/S close to the car and had it sorted there and supply a hire car to your home address then you could have taken hire to the B/S and collect the car and claim the expenses of this to the TPI. Not a perfect solution, but at least your car would have been dealt with a hire car to use and no hassel or charge to you or your insaurers.

But hey what do I know :S

Private message me if you like, might be able to help ;) Or e-mail me at [email protected]

TL

• 2 weeks later...