Fabia VRS turbo went pop and BANG, help!!!!!!!!

Need sum advise, if anyone can help!!!!! I drive a VRS

My turbo went bang a few weeks ago and when i went to have the new one fixed there was a problem with that one, but the people who supplied it are saying that there is another problem with my car that is coursing it to fail.

Soooo does anyone know of a problem or a fault that would cause my turbo to go!!!!!

Any help and advise would really be appreciated!!!!

thanks sam

Definitely a possibility - or perhaps debris from the first one getting into the second???

OR... Do you know for definite it's a turbo failure, and not something like a boost pipe off? The effects of that are pretty spectacular...

Could be poor oil flow to the turbocharger, even a hint of an oil flow problem will kill a turbo in no time.

It'll either be an external factor or the second turbo is a pile of poo. Could it be a dodgy recon unit for example? How the original turbo failed will give some clues.

thank u.

the original turbo shaft snapped if you no what i mean

there was a diagonsticks done and that showed no other problems.

my brother said that there was an oil leak on the new turbo which was a recon but the original didn't show ant signs of an oil leak there when it was taken out.

the person who supplyed the new one is trying to say that it my fault and he wont pay out!!!

If the leak on the new turbo caused oil starvation you could be looking at the cause of the failure right there. How has the second one failed?

Was the leak noted before or after the second failure?

If the turbo was reconditioned incorrectly that could cause premature failure. Thats a BIG if as there are many factors that can be attributed to a popped turbo.

It might be an idea to talk to the supplier and ask them to explain how the failed turbo could be your fault. Does the car have any kind of remap on it? Has the oil been changed regularly along with the oil filter?

An oil flush is always good practise when a turbocharger fails.

When my turbo failed bits of compressor blade flew everywhere and great care had to be taken to ensure none were left in the intake piping or it would have destroyed the new one in no time.

The first turbo failed due to snapped shaft, no remap car is stock. Our mechanic inspected the IC piping and there was no oil and the turbo showed no signs of leakage. Fitted the new turbo, primed and let the car idle for around 10 mins. No probs, gave the car a short rev again fine.

We then took the car to 2000rpm held at which point it revved up and we stalled it to stop it. Car had then hydraulic locked. Removed glow plugs cleared all oil and it was full.

Tried running again same occured, we feel the seals on the new turbo are leaking and putting oil into the intake system causing it to run on the Oil.

If the engine is revving out of control it must be getting oil from somewhere and the turbo oil seals would be the number one culprit. Luckily the engine didn't rev to destruction.

I would re check the boost piping system/IC to see if there is now oil present. If so then it has to be leaking through to the compressor side which is more than enough reason to go back to the turbo supplier. I would also have a quick look in the EGR valve too.

I would also check the breather pipes. I presume the oil level is correct and not overfilled at all?