vRS Suspension issues

My vRS has clocked 40K kms (25K miles) and is completely stock except for fitting Koni FSD shock absorbers. My problems:

1. while driving over a surface, where the tar has formed ridges, making the car bounce a bit, I can hear a noise from the front as if something was loose in the engine bay or suspension. However, if I press the clutch in, the noise is not there.

2. if I brake sharply, there is a slight pull towards the right.

I have tightened the engine mounting bolts and had noticed this problem even before I fitted the Konis. What is the likely cause?

Thank you.

Bomi

PS. In India, the vRS was sold with 16" wheels.

Come on guys...give me your thoughts.

My vRS has clocked 40K kms (25K miles) and is completely stock except for fitting Koni FSD shock absorbers. My problems:

1. while driving over a surface, where the tar has formed ridges, making the car bounce a bit, I can hear a noise from the front as if something was loose in the engine bay or suspension. However, if I press the clutch in, the noise is not there.

2. if I brake sharply, there is a slight pull towards the right.

I have tightened the engine mounting bolts and had noticed this problem even before I fitted the Konis. What is the likely cause?

Thank you.

Bomi

PS. In India, the vRS was sold with 16" wheels.

It was a holiday weekend in the UK, and lots of us check the site from work.

I'd check the radiator's not loose (just on general principles) then the bolts on the dogbone mount (which should be "unbelievably tight".

Thanks Ken, Well the bottom end of the radiator can be moved back and forth (not up and down) by almost an inch. I have wedged some rubber underneath to minimize the movement but still get the sound. Do you think its the radiator? And where is the dogbone mount located?

Well, you need new radiator mounts (very common issue with the RS, irrespective of market), and that just might cure it.

The dogbone is under the car, and so called because it's shaped like a cartoon dog's bone.

Thanks, gents.

Martin the noise is not a squeak. Its more like a faint thump-thump, when the car bounces over a rough surface. Mind you if I press the clutch pedal at that moment, the noise almost is not there. And its from the front.