1.6 TDi available in the Golf MK VI

The Official Website for Volkswagen UK : Volkswagen UK

Hopefully not long until it's in the Octavia. Can Skoda squeak their bigger car under 120g/km as well? If so, I'll get my chequebook! It's a shame the DSG model misses out.

• 1.6 TDi 90
  • 62.8 mpg (manual only), 118 g/km
  • 230 Nm

• 1.6 TDi 105
  • 62.8 mpg (manual), 119 g/km
  • 60.1 mpg (DSG), 123 g/km
  • 250 Nm

J

They *should* be able to just squeeze under the important 120g figure and if they do I reckon it will be a big seller - 1.6TDIs seem to be taking over as the "standard" size for diesel engined cars in this sector.

On paper the golf's figures are almost indistinguishable from my Bravo with a 1.6TDI and there is very little weight difference between them all.

As an aside , it's made the 2.0 TDI with 110bhp utterly pointless.

Oh , and I've just specced up a golf 1.6 TDI SE to the same level as kit as my Fiat and got a £20k price tag!!!!!

I really don't know how the 1.6TDi is going to stand the test of time.. the 1.6HDi Peugeots we used to have at my Uncle's firm were knackered after 80-90k miles.

Oh , and I've just specced up a golf 1.6 TDI SE to the same level as kit as my Fiat and got a £20k price tag!!!!!

Ditto. Quite fancy that Adaptive Chassis Control though. The Mk1 Octy was certainly a bit of a barge.

J

I really don't know how the 1.6TDi is going to stand the test of time.. the 1.6HDi Peugeots we used to have at my Uncle's firm were knackered after 80-90k miles.

206s?

Was it the engine itself that gave problems or the rest of the car?

The Official Website for Volkswagen UK : Volkswagen UK

Hopefully not long until it's in the Octavia. Can Skoda squeak their bigger car under 120g/km as well? If so, I'll get my chequebook! It's a shame the DSG model misses out.

• 1.6 TDi 90
  • 62.8 mpg (manual only), 118 g/km
  • 230 Nm

• 1.6 TDi 105
  • 62.8 mpg (manual), 119 g/km
  • 60.1 mpg (DSG), 123 g/km
  • 250 Nm

J

As far as I know, the 1.6 TDi 105PS Golf uses the new 'dry' lighter and more efficient 7 speed DSG. When this transmission is paired with the TSi petrols, they actually have a lower CO2 figure than the equivalent manual versions.

The Octavia 1.4 TSi manual has emission figures of 154g/km whereas with the DSG version it's only 147g/km. The1.8 TSi, it's 163g/km manual & 155g/km with the DSG.

Wonder why the 7speed DSG figure is higher than the manual in the case of the 1.6 TDi 105ps :confused:

206s?

Was it the engine itself that gave problems or the rest of the car?

No they were 407s, the engines had really lost power and drove (and sounded) like a bag of spanners.