Vag - Com cable on ebay

I am also confused about this, I had engine management light come on and basically wanted to know if was safe to drive on, luckily found friendly ish garage who read code for me for a tenner. it was 5 minutes work but dealer wanted 40 quid, another local place wanted 30 but couldnt do it till 8 days time, so was worth it. but light is back on as problem not resolved, I dont want to pay 30/40 quid a time?

Thats just your dealer, mine doesnt charge anything to have the fault codes read. I have turned up a few times and had it done.

hey guy's.

I saw this Vag-Com cable on ebay, with software for about £12...

Whats going on there then?

Anyone on here bought one? if so are they any good?

Hi Felcia racer,

Some time now I send you the message about instrument panel poll for the BBC Watch Dog program here, but you did not make the message back to me, but this does not matter here.

I am sorry for going off of thread subject for this one, but could you please tell us, what will happen now with the poll and if you are thinking that you have the support that you are needing for progress? I gave you more names here with Briskolians with the problems, and so what is now happening for this?

Thank you

Regards for you

:rolleyes::thumbup: Soviet

Hi mike,

Thank you here for a good explaination, but is the Mk1 having this one? As with vag com version 704.1 I am getting the ticks for K1 and the K2" but Can bus not available message I think. Some one here from the Ross Tech must know this I think.

Soviet:thumbup::)

I think it was introduced into some of the later MK1s but the older ones used the old K system.

I used to own a 54 plate Mk1 which I had from new before I traded it in and I can remember the sales brochure for it going on about CANBus.