Pioneer F900BT Installation

Hi

I have brought the above unit and want to have a go at installing it myself. It comes with the reverse camera. Does anyoone know if i need any accessories to install it? I've heard i'll need a CAN BUS adaptor and a double din fitting kit?

Any info would be great.

Thanks

James

Sounds about right.

Make sure you get the fascia kit from Skoda as they are a much better quality then aftermarket units.

With those kits the instalation is easy, although you might have to run a +12v constant feed in as well.

I didn't take it to the fuse box as mentioned in the kit, and instead took it straight to the under bonnet fuse box and installed a simple in line fuse.

Although you might have to run a +12v constant feed in as well.

Why on earth would you need to do that? You just have to swap the switched 12v and the permenant 12v feeds on VAG cars as they're wired backwards from a nomal iso connector?

Why on earth would you need to do that? You just have to swap the switched 12v and the permenant 12v feeds on VAG cars as they're wired backwards from a nomal iso connector?

No need to say it in such a condesending manner.

However I didn't realise it was a fabia and should have looked at the OP's car I suppose :o

With the phrases can bus and double din in the first post thought it was an Octavia II, and these don't have a permanent feed from the CAN BUS loom adaptor ;)

• 4 months later...