MOD the 1.4MPI Classic!

Yes I know Im going to get slaughtered here, just stuck some quite tasty alloys on my Mk 1 furby. Only small (195/50/15), will post some pics soon.

Painted the rear brake drums and front calipers red to match the bodywork, now Ive been bitten I think. (mod bug Fabia style)

Next must be to lower it (40mm)?cause it looks like an off-roader now!

But seriously, what Mods can this trim level take in reality and what are fairly practical/simple ideas peeps may have. I was going to chop the Fab but the resale value is so low I decided to play around with it instead!

Cheers,Lee

I've not touched modding the engine as I expect the results would not warrant the cost. Personally went for a new front bumper, alloy wheels, induction kit, and will be slamming it. Now I'm just wasting money touching up the paintwork and small cosmetic changes.

You are at the top of a slippery slope my friend... Here are a few pics of mine:

alloys002.jpg

That's just to show what a 40mm drop on 16 inch wheels looks like...

31032009117-1.jpg

Front end smothed

31032009120.jpg

Rear end smothed for good measure!

Outside:

Sidestrips off, smoked side repeaters, rear wiper deleted, night vision bulbs all round, a few stickers, front and rear de-badged and smoothed

Chassis: VRS wheels, Weitec V1 coilovers, Jabbasport rear arb, powerflex bushes all round (including the dogbone mount), forge upper strut brace.

Engine: Jabbasport custom remap to 78BHP (rolling roaded), K&N panel filter, engine cover removed.

Inside: VRS seats (MMM supportive...) Alpine IVA-D105R DVD headunit, Playstation 2 in glovebox, rear alpine sub set up running 200WRMS power, 1000W peak, upgraded front componets and a fire extinguisher....

Think that's it... All in all, far too much to spend on a car worth about £2000.

Hope this gives you a few ideas, PM me for details if you are interested!

-Duggie.

Edited by Duggie
wrong picture... idiot...

all the induction kit will do is give you noise.

Personaly i think th 1.4 mpi is a good starter car BUT not worth modding. Its so gutless and due to being a VAG car doesnt rev to compensate. Only good thing is that on motorways it does pull pretty well in 5th (better than my old 1.4 civic)

all the induction kit will do is give you noise.

Personaly i think th 1.4 mpi is a good starter car BUT not worth modding. Its so gutless and due to being a VAG car doesnt rev to compensate. Only good thing is that on motorways it does pull pretty well in 5th (better than my old 1.4 civic)

I agree with all this, but sometimes I want a bit of noise, better than a full exhaust system.

very true. I had an aem induction kit on my old 1.4 civic, the car was nippy for a 1.4 but i didnt want an exhaust. So the induction kit means i could have great induction noise if i wanted but was quiet still when pottering around town

I fed a small bit of flexable pipe from the original intake hole up to the induction kit, doesn't really help the problem though, hence I'm planning on replacing it with a fully enclosed one.