Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

vRS Carl

Just out of interest mate, what have you seen this year that did float your boat?

I thought Angels and Demons was pretty good, not as good as the book but pretty good.

Drag Me To Hell (not sure if that's hit the UK yet) is a fantastic blood and guts horror movie and does exactly what it says on the tin.

I think the best films I've seen this year are probably The Wrestler or Gran Torino.

*stands back and waits for all the above films to get torn apart because i thought transformers was crap* :rolleyes::D

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Went to see Transformers at IMAX, and what a pile of toss it was ! The IMAX scenes impressed as usual, but overall the movie seemed to contain more of what irritated me about the first one. The CG action was cropped too close making it impossible to see what was actually happening, and happened so fast that even a wide shot would have confused. The sound, as always at IMAX and with Michael Bay movies, was astounding, but after 2 hours of bangs, crashes and explosions I longed for some peace and quiet. I must be getting too old for these types of movies !

Already booked for Harry Potter as parts are IMAX 3D, so I hope that's better. I always hated the early HP movies, but the last couple I warmed to a bit as the kids have got older. After that I'm salivating for AVATAR in December.

i need more than a pretty face and a fantastic bottom to get my interest. 2 hours of robots hitting each other, yeah great.......

Mark

A fantastic looking young woman and robots beating seven-shades out of each other doesn't do it for you? :gay:

A fantastic looking young woman and robots beating seven-shades out of each other doesn't do it for you? :gay:

:rofl::rofl:

Saw it on Wednesday.. took my 3yr old son on his first visit to the cinema.. he loved it.. and so did I.. :D

Can't wait for the bluray now.. :cool:

I thought compared to the first film, the fight scenes were slower :confused:

That was my gripe with the original film, that it was happening so fast you couldn't focus on the fight.

This one was easier to follow the action IMO

Although it has been a while since I saw the first, so maybe Im imagining it :o

Cheers

Damian

Never found those shots to be troublesome, and I hate the Danny Boyle-style camera men with parkinson's and epilepsy film work.

fantastic looking woman yes, robots , no.

perhaps its because i'm secure with my sexuality that i have the confidence to admit i don't like films such as this :P :D

Mark

I thought Angels and Demons was pretty good, not as good as the book but pretty good.

Drag Me To Hell (not sure if that's hit the UK yet) is a fantastic blood and guts horror movie and does exactly what it says on the tin.

I think the best films I've seen this year are probably The Wrestler or Gran Torino.

*stands back and waits for all the above films to get torn apart because i thought transformers was crap* :rolleyes::D

Mark

I haven't seen the wrestler or Gran Torino but The other two i though were really good films! I got Angels and Demons book the next day and have been reading it since. The book is so much better but then isnt that always the way?