ABS Warning light

Hi There

I have the an ABS warning light showing, any pointers as to where to look?

The Octavia is a 2001 4X4 1.8T

Thanks

You really need find someone to plug their VAG-COM into your diagnostic port (located under steering wheel column by shelf) to find the error code. This should point you in the direction of the fault/s location.

Do a search on the VAG-COM section find a member with it who is near you, you might be lucky, I believe the unit of currency is in pints and called beer ;).

NB: Audi main dealer near me charge £60 (I did ask them, while buying some bits, how much they charged), just to plug in diagnostics and tell owner what is wrong before fixing it.

Good luck

Peter

Good call. I had my ABS light come on once or twice after I bought the car, I took it to the dealer and they checked the fault codes and said it was probably just dirt on a sensor. They cleared it and it never came back. Had the car not been under warranty though I would've got charged £50 for them to tell me that! :eek:

Good call. I had my ABS light come on once or twice after I bought the car, I took it to the dealer and they checked the fault codes and said it was probably just dirt on a sensor. They cleared it and it never came back. Had the car not been under warranty though I would've got charged £50 for them to tell me that! :eek:

You had a lucky escape:eek:,

A friend at work had a 01 vRS told me his ABS was playing up and had phoned garage, they told him "ABS biggg problem" and would need to keep the car over weekend to find fault.

He asked me would I mind scanning it as he was uncomfortable with the garage, so 10 mins in car park lunchtime following day.

Result :- interrmittent signal from front n/s sensor (was a broken wire in the wiring loom by the wheel sensor, someone had taped it up before as well).

Peter