My central locking is posessed

guys,

I have an 08 vRS and in the last few months the central locking has gone intermittently mad. :eek:

It unlocks the doors after they autolock. It's random and they will often sound like they are trying to lock again.

Often the button in the centre console works to manually lock them again, sometimes it doesn't.

I'm worried one day the car will unlock after it's parked up.

It's been into the dealer with no fault found, and is scheduled to go back next week.

I thought there was a pattern due to hot weather but am not convinced.

Has anyone had a similar issue?

I should have added, this is happening while I am driving.

It's the standard set up of auto locking after about 10mph, which should remain locked until you remove the ignition key or press the unlock button.

It seems to be unlocking as I'm driving slower - I wouldn't say it's approaching the speed that it locks at, but it certainly seems to be a trend of slowing down.

One of the doors isnt closed fully, so the lock cant engage.

I'd get a dealer check if they have all been firmly slammed - inc the boot.

The dealer checked it all once and it's going back again Monday.

I don't beleive it's a mechanical issue with the doors - a lot of the time it looks no problem - and it always locks the doors at the start of a trip.