Traction Control Warning Light

I am having problem with the light staying on for Traction Control whilst driving on a skoda octavia 1.9 03 plate diesel. I changed the MAF but still had no luck. Fault code comes up as 17568 P1160 Manifold Temp.Sensor Circ. Short to Ground. The car seems to lack in power lately, any ideas? I have read on this forum that people have changed MAF but it didnt seem to work for me.

Thanks

Also will this affect MOT?

Edited by slall

It sounds like a temp sensor needs replacing, but I don't see how that affects the traction control light. Traction control lights can stay on due to a faulty ABS sensor. If it's a 03 Octy it is a MK1, try posting in the Octy 1 forum for a better response.

Agreed; the TC warning light can be triggered by an iffy ABS sensor, since they use these for wheel speed detection. ESP works by cutting power, so if it's engaging the car will feel down on power.

Try starting the engine, then press the ASR button, so the light in it comes on. This disables the TC, and if you get your power back....

I tried pressing ASR switch but light stays on constantly without turning off. Do you reckon that it is ABS sensor? How much would this cost? and will the cra still pass MOT?

Thanks

I've noticed with my TDi that there's a very slight hesitation under acceleration. I've been in the motor trade all my life and I notice it, but anyone hasn't probably wouldn't, so that's how slight it is.

However if I press the ASR button so the the anti-skid lamp is on and the traction control is turned off it doesn't seem to do it at all. I guess it's just a characteristic of traction control.......

Edited by Railroad
Spelling error