Bodyshop Needed!!

Hi Folks

Just gave my 2008 model L&K in lovely storm Blue (or is that Blue Storm?) the clay bar and Smartwax treatment yesterday, looking fine. Imagine my delight today when a local visitor reversed into the front n/s wing.........:mad: ( and culprit N reg mondeo is undamaged, grrrrrr)

I can use either a NU Direct approved repairer, or choose my own. I reckon it could be better to choose a local approved VAG/skoda body repairer, who is used to replacing wings on Octavias ??

Anyone recommend a really good bodyshop or authorised repairer in York/ North Yorks Area please?

Thanks from a very p#ssed off member !!

rsbarty

Five years ago I had an "Inky blue metallic" (very similar to storm blue) VW passat which due to black ice in my driveway needed a new front wing. I was also with NU at the time and they proposed a local "approved" bodyshop but I insisted that it go to my local VW/Audi dealers own body shop. The new front wing & front bumper were fitted and painted beautifully although they forgot to paint the heads of the bolts holding on the wing to the inner wing. (evidence that they must work to tight time schedules/bonuses etc. . They touched them in with a mumble of "fussy B******D.

I, like you enjoy polishing my car and keeping it neat. They,, like hamsters on a treadmill try to cut corners. One corner they cut was to de-wax the front door properly before "blowing in" the paint and Lacquer. Result was a reaction in the form of little pimples which appeared about a week later as the paint settled.

My advice is ,

A, tell the guy at the bodyshop of your choice that you actually "polish" your car..

and,

B, Closely check the paintwork on the adjoining panels as well as the replacement a short time later.

Good luck. G.K.

Thanks GK

Car has now been sorted at the local VAG (VW) bodyshop. They have "Blown In" the door. Had a quick look on Friday, looks perfect (& i'm fussy like you)

Picking up tomorrow after they have valeted it - will have a real good look round incl bolt heads etc

Cheers

rsbarty