How much should I be looking to pay for repairs on bodywork?

Hi,

Hoping some of u cud help me here.

Im getting rid of my Fabia as I need a diesel and been offered an X reg Golf GT TDi in metallic silver for really cheap. Its cheap as it needs some work doing to it. I have got the mechanical side of it quoted but don't know anyone that can do bodywork.

Basically the drivers wing has been replaced at some point during the cars life with a non genuine wing and the paints coming off and its gone quite rusty so I think it will need replacing. Also on the drivers side rear wheel arch it has had a scrape off a gate post down to the metal so that will need repairing too. I didn't know whether to get a side respray done as both bits of damage are on one side.

Has anyone had similar jobs done on a metallic silver Skoda as that should give me a ballpark figure so I know whether to have it or walk away. The car is impounded so I can't get a sprayer to go and just look at it.

Any help would be appreciated as Im goin to have to make a decision by tomorrow

:confused:

i think you can base prices on roughly £100+ per panel such as a wing, rear quarter may be more unless they can just blast the arch.

best phoning a body shop for prices, they should be able to give you a rough idea without seeing the car but ideally they will need to see it to give a more accurate quote.