Rear wiper blade's 'mickey mouse' clip

While cleaning the rear window, the rear wiper was lifted clear and suddenly it decided to spring back onto the glass. The slide on plastic cover's two securing hooks have broken off. Not the most robust of designs and probably a common component throughout the VAG range. I imagine I'm not alone with this scenario?

Is it possible to get the securing cover or does it come complete with the wiper arm ? - probably the latter knowing how things are these days!

Yes you can get a replacement cover as I did the same thing twice on a Seat Leon used to own. You may also find that the plasic part that holds the wiper blade to the arm is also very fragile since I broke this twice on my last VW. Bought both replacement blades from halfords at approx £15ea and later found they are half the price from the VW dealer. HTH

This cropped up a little while ago http://briskoda.net/octavia-ii/rear-wiper-clip/143605/

I got a new blade and clip from my local Skoda dealer (part no. 7E0955425) for £5.90.

Thought others would have experienced the fragility of that flimsy retaining clip - not the best of designs but 'once bitten, twice shy' - extra care from now on! It appears that the wipers are a general cause of frustration both front and rear. Having to put the fronts into the "service position" just to lift the arms each time is a pain. I know the aeros remove very easily but I would prefer better blade security and be able to lift the arms in the normal manner, without having to stop them in the upright position each and every time. Rant over.