Colour coded grills

I decided to paint the chrome surround on my Fabia a while ago BUT still can't decide what colour to actually do it! :confused:

My Vrs is silver so do I colour code it silver?

OR paint it black? But then I have the problem whether to do it Matt, Satin or Gloss! :eek:

Would doing it gloss black look a bit odd seeing as how the rest of the trim on the car ie wing mirror trims, door handles, etc are matt?

I've looked on here at different pics and seen plenty Furbys with black grills but can't for the life of me find any silver ones!

Decisions, decisions! Any help would be most appreciated! :thumbup:

Yep, in the same boat as you. Want to get rid of the chrome but not sure what colour.

At the moment I'm thinking satin or matt black. My only concern is no matter what type of black you paint it it will never match the grill or number plinth, which then leads me back to silver.

I did a photoshop mock up of a silver grill surround but can't find it on the laptop, guessing its on the desktop somewhere.... However, there has been a photo with a silver surround somewhere on this site before

Edited by *tim*
need to learn to type

Lummox, who has just finished my grille in black magic (I just need to pop over and pick it up), has his silver vRS-alike estate finished in silver with a black grille - definitely worth a look as it just looks mean as anything.

Cover it with a strip of electrical tape and see if you like it ;)

Would confirm or rule out satin black and also give ya a good idea of how other blacks would look.

Thanks for all your replies, appreciate it... :thumbup:

Doing it silver is not really going to make that much difference like TH says, must admit satin black is probably the best option!

However, gloss is still a possibility if I do the fog surrounds, number plate trim and wing mirror trims but that sounds a lot of work a might look a bit, well, daft!

AND if I decide to get a SLC splitter at a later date, that's matt too! :eek:

*big sigh* Oh, I don't know, I think I'll just have to think about it a bit longer! :rotz:

BTW Callum, how big are those bl00dy wheels, bet the ride makes your fillings rattle a bit eh? :rofl: Nice looking car though! Very smart indeed, me likey! :thumbup:

do you still have the standard fabia vrs wheels, if so how much are you prepared to sell them for?

Sorry dude I don't, I never had them!

Think there's a couple of sets in the forsale section?

Thanks for all your replies, appreciate it... :thumbup:

Doing it silver is not really going to make that much difference like TH says, must admit satin black is probably the best option!

However, gloss is still a possibility if I do the fog surrounds, number plate trim and wing mirror trims but that sounds a lot of work a might look a bit, well, daft!

AND if I decide to get a SLC splitter at a later date, that's matt too! :eek:

*big sigh* Oh, I don't know, I think I'll just have to think about it a bit longer! :rotz:

BTW Callum, how big are those bl00dy wheels, bet the ride makes your fillings rattle a bit eh? :rofl: Nice looking car though! Very smart indeed, me likey! :thumbup:

Cheers dude, the ride isn't too bad, but suppose I've got used to it!

They are 18' of pure visual pleasure:rofl:

has anyone done away with the chrome on a black car? Wondered if it would be too much?

Many, many many many many people have done this..

Give black grille a search..bound to throw some picture up! :)

I like a black grille myself but haven't done it... yet. You can also do the edges of the inside of the light (Eye Liner Mod) like on Callum's above.. I find that a little to much on the black cars.. awesome on all the other colours!